Travel toys for 11 month old?

(5 Posts)
magentastardust Thu 25-Jul-13 16:53:12

'book libraries' not 'toy libraries'. A mini toy library would be very handy!

magentastardust Thu 25-Jul-13 16:52:19

The Elc do little plastic oval shapes scribble pad things-you know the ones that are grey and you can erase ? All my 3 loved those as baby/toddlers on flights. They have a clip too so can be clipped on to your handbag /baby bag strap so easy to find for a quick distraction.

My DS would have also just played quite happily with a couple of little cars for hours on end, DD2 however would have just chucked them across the plane at fellow passengers , so you will know what kind of thing your ds likes.

Mine also liked the little 'toy libraries' you get in Asda or Tesco , of In the night Garden, Dora , Disney princess etc-as they were toddlers they liked 'reading' the little books but as babies they spent many a flight concentrating on slotting the 6 books in and out of the box over and over!

Nightfall1983 Thu 25-Jul-13 13:11:52

Thanks wild some good tips there smile

Will have a look out for some of those toys - he does love the "that's not my" book anyway.

I'm not planning on bringing a pram to the airport (we'll borrow one from family when we get to our destination) so have our lovely sling all ready anyway - DH and I will take turns to wear him. And yes, all prepared to feed on take-off and landing...

Wildwaterfalls Thu 25-Jul-13 12:56:56

Obviously avoid noisy/squeaky toys!

Our 11m DD likes the following on flights:

- Reading 'lift the flap' or 'that's not my' books together
- Rainmaker toy
- Finger puppets

Also:

- Getting up in the aisle with DH and looking around, opening and closing the luggage lockers (although not too often of course for other passengers!)
- Exploring things around the seat: seat belt, safety instructions card etc.
- Exploring the inflight meal and eating any parts of it that are suitable.

Other tips:

- A sling or hip carrier is handy for when you've landed and don't have your pram.
- I bf DD on takeoff and landing to prevent ear ache. Expect a bottle/dummy/sippy cup would also work.

Good luck

Nightfall1983 Thu 25-Jul-13 12:47:47

Flying to Canada with DS in two weeks, he'll be 11 months. I'm planning on getting him a couple of new toys to keep his attention on the flight - any ideas? Or other tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now