Croatia and Montenegro

(9 Posts)
Numberlock Thu 25-Jul-13 10:50:46

Has anybody been on holiday to either of these 2 countries recently and can you give me some recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Fluffy1234 Thu 25-Jul-13 15:36:30

I stayed on Kolocep island in Croatia 2 years ago which was beautiful. No cars are allowed on the island and you get to the other Islands and Dubrovnik by ferry. Unusually for Croatia there is a sandy beach, just 1 hotel and you can kayak around the island in half a day. The views were spectacular and it was very reasonably priced. I haven't been to Montenegro but it looks beautiful. If you fly into Dubrovnik be sure to look out of the window because it's absolutely amazing to see literally hundreds of islands.

Bunbaker Thu 25-Jul-13 20:44:35

Love, love love Croatia. We stayed on the Makarska riviera 3 years ago and went to Dubrovnik during the May half term. I want to go to Korcula next.

The nice thing about going during the May bank holiday is that their main holiday season hasn't started yet, the Brits haven't rediscovered Croatia and it isn't too hot or too crowded.

It isn't cheap either.

zumo Fri 26-Jul-13 17:39:20

Been to Split and Dubrovnic, both lovely locals are very friendly too

flatmum Thu 01-Aug-13 12:34:34

also thinking of a holiday to Croatia next year. Any hotel or villa. recommendations?

Anthracite Fri 02-Aug-13 05:58:57

I was in Croatia and Montenegro last week. Beautiful places.

fruitcorner Sun 04-Aug-13 09:03:57

Anthracite - did you go to island or mainland and did you have sandy, stony or 'concrete' beaches? I am very keen to go to Croatia but my DH doesn't think the kids would like the beaches as most are not sandy.

Anthracite Sun 04-Aug-13 09:08:02

We went to a beach in Dubrovnik that was gravel/small pebbles.

In Kotor, there were lots of little beaches that were probably artificial (sand on a concrete base), but we didn't go to them.

Fluffy1234 Sun 04-Aug-13 10:40:35

Kolocep island has a sandy beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now