Does it have to be budgie smugglers?

(10 Posts)
nemno Tue 30-Jul-13 13:07:22

I've wondered about those who need to wear non approved swimwear for medical reasons. It would be mighty undignified to have to show or have proof that you need a urine bag for instance. But I guess you either don't swim or go somewhere without the rule.

mimbleandlittlemy Tue 30-Jul-13 12:54:39

We had this rule rigorously enforced in a municipal swimming pool in Brussels - had to be budgies or ds, then 7, wasn't allowed into the pool which seemed ridiculous as his budgie was very small. Fortunately were with Brussels resident friend whose older child needed new ones so he got the new ones at the ticket kiosk, ds wore his old ones and we were fine but it was a tense few moments before that when it looked like we were going to have to head straight home.

Worth getting a very cheap pair to avoid disappointment until you know if you can get away with shorts.

MyCatsRule Fri 26-Jul-13 08:12:02

I have worked on many campsites in France and more recently holidayed in a number if different sites - never once had this rule enforced! Maybe just lucky?

ShoeWhore Tue 23-Jul-13 21:26:40

I got dh Daniel Craig style swimmers which appeared to be an acceptable compromise - although when we got there all the Brit men were wearing normal swimming shorts - but I hear other places are stricter and insist alas dh is not Daniel Craig

looselegs Tue 23-Jul-13 21:24:15

It's not just the men-my 15 yr old DS really doesn't want to wear them as he thinks everyone will be able to 'see' his bits which he finds hugely embarrassing-bless!

Bluestocking Tue 23-Jul-13 00:07:46

Not this again. Why does it matter, when everyone else is wearing them? What is wrong with British men?

Budgie smugglers is de rigeur for pool use AFAIK.
DH was chuffed to bits. Not.

LIZS Mon 22-Jul-13 17:55:11

ha ha , no I think it does have to be lycra short or briefs style .

runningonwillpower Mon 22-Jul-13 17:52:06

As far as I know France is a free country.............

..................smuggle them as you please.

madinmay Mon 22-Jul-13 17:50:02

....in France or can it be the long tight jammer type ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now