Can you REALLY not pick up a hire car from Schipol after 10pm?

(7 Posts)
GoodtoBetter Tue 30-Jul-13 16:35:22

Thanks for suggestions. Will try contacting hire companies if we go. I found driving there v civilised but maybe that's because we live in Spain and they aren't.....smile

ruby1234 Tue 30-Jul-13 15:27:20

If you're only travelling to Amsterdam (for the first night), get the train from Schipol, takes about 15 minutes, then go back the following day to pick up the car?

Driving in Amsterdam is a nightmare <not helpful perhaps>

noramum Sun 28-Jul-13 21:32:09

Speak to the hire companies. We hired cars at various airports and managed late pick ups as the leave the paperwork with the car park staff or charge an extra fee for someone to be there for you.

junkfoodaddict Sun 28-Jul-13 21:09:07

I s it possible for you to stay overnight at a hotel and collect the car the following morning?
Or contact the hire companies direct.

Chrissybaby Sat 27-Jul-13 21:33:23

Sorry cant help but try Trip Advisor theres always been someone on there to help with all my problems,

GoodtoBetter Sat 27-Jul-13 19:52:56

So, no then?

GoodtoBetter Mon 22-Jul-13 16:26:30

Been researching a holiday that we can't afford and the flight I was looking at arrives at 10.55pm. When i try to look for car hire, it seems all the offices are closed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now