Germany and Austria ??

(7 Posts)
Turnipvontrapp Mon 29-Jul-13 12:25:37

Munich is lovely as is Bavaria and Austria too! Koblenz in Germany is worth stopping at as are lots of villages down the Mosel river. My kids love the swimming pools in Austria and Germany, they have loads of brilliant slides and are reasonably priced to get in (unlike the Blackpool Sandcastle type places over here). There is a great one in Worgl and Ellmau.

We love Innsbruck but its probably the wrong direction for you.

Have a fab time!

BerryBlast Sat 20-Jul-13 10:34:54

Thanks Nora I'll have a look on those sites - the castle looks ace.

Funny I didn't know Austria had a lake district - that area is a definite possibility.

Thanks for taking the time to reply thanks got to say MN never let's me down smile

noramum Sat 20-Jul-13 10:19:01

Hi,

Have a look here

www.muenchen.de/int/en/sights.html

It is years and without children when I was last time in Munich so it all depends on the age and interest of your children. But if you like castles or palaces you can't go wrong. The English Garden is a huge park, there is a zoo and lots of different museums.

If you have a Disney mad girl you can show her the real castle
www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/palace/index.htm

BerryBlast Sat 20-Jul-13 10:09:43

Thanks for the replies smile nora is there anything in particular would recommend seeing or doing in Munich?

funnyossity Sat 20-Jul-13 09:28:59

The Austrian Lake District is v. beautiful, in the Salzkammergut (sp?) if I remember correctly.

noramum Sat 20-Jul-13 09:18:56

Munich can be a stop for a couple of days. Or head towards Nurnberg. Years ago we drove from Nurnberg to Vienna, it is not that far.

Near Nurnberg is Playmobil land. Not like Legoland with tons of rides but a playarea with huge setup and lots of Playmobil to play with. We went ther last year with DD being 5 and couldn't get her out of it. It is outdoors so you needn't least dry weather.

Nurnberg has a castle, museums, a zoo. There is a Lake District, Fraenksiche Seenplate, south of it.

BerryBlast Sat 20-Jul-13 08:54:40

We have decided (very last minute) to travel to Austria this August by car - we will eventually be finishing up on the border between Austria and Hungary. We fancied stopping along the way for a few days in Germany and Austria to make a proper holiday of it, but then realised we know nothing about tourist attractions and places of interest to visit ! Has anyone got any recommendations of places to visit, please.
I haven't got the ferry crossing sorted out yet (so any advice on that would be appreciated too smile ) but I think we may travel to Ostend, through Brussels, into Germany vaguely heading towards Munich and then into Austria and towards Vienna. As you can see we really don't know where we're going or have any definite set route ! so we do have some degree of flexibility.
Any advice or help would be really gratefully received

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now