Majorca tomorrow ds gluten and dairy free!

(5 Posts)
seaofyou Mon 15-Jul-13 09:58:42

Off for 2 weeks and ds gluten and dairy free. We are self catering.

Anyone know if they sell things like soya butter etc. Bringing lots of snacks for ds so that bit ok.

Does anyone know the words ' non/no gluten' and 'non/no milk/dairy ' in spanish to look for on ingredients?

NothingsLeft Mon 15-Jul-13 10:11:58

I'm a coeliac & DS is dairy/soy free.

We take our own milk, spread, bread, snacks. Spain is pretty good for gluten free. I found lots if supermarkets label 'sin gluten' (no gluten) by the price on the shelf, especially their own brands.

Bigger supermarkets are better obviously. I've bought GF pasta, gluten and dairy free chorizo type meats. The fish counters are amazing.

Dairy is more tricky. Leche is milk, lactose is lactose but you need to check the ingredient list. As always it sneaks in. Depends what you want to buy.

seaofyou Mon 15-Jul-13 10:48:10

Oh wow cheers Nothingsleft thats good to here lots of stuff foor ds. Bringing cereal as need soya milk but only bringing one loaf as ? dairy free butter?

NothingsLeft Mon 15-Jul-13 11:25:28

I took dairy free spread. You can always decant what you need into a small pot to save weight & space. You can bung the bread in the freezer to make it last and buy rice cakes out there to put things on. We eat a lot of potatoes, rice etc.

Getting food at the airport is tricky. Baked beans are always handy. DS will happily eat them cold, you can usually find a jacket potato somewhere.

Have a lovely time!

nobeer Mon 15-Jul-13 13:09:18

If there's a Mercadona near you, they have loads of gluten free stuff, and lactose free milk. Look out for sin lactosa and sin gluten on packaging (sin means without). Spanish people have olive oil on their toast with tomato which is quite nice for breakfast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now