Please help me find a holiday for 5 in Aug

(41 Posts)
triplets Sat 13-Jul-13 08:51:04

Getting so fed up, everything seems to be booked or way out of budget. Looking for 2 weeks anytime from the 1-21 Aug inc, budget max £4000 need 3 bedrooms. Wanted Mojacar or Puerto Pollensa ideally. Thanks.

triplets Mon 22-Jul-13 16:05:06

Grrr just spoken to a friend of dh who is retired from P&O and he said he has tried several times for a standby offer and never got one, and there`s just 2 of them. Will have to start phoning round.

zumo Mon 22-Jul-13 06:31:08

I hope you get sorted.
Look on Cruise critic at each port then you can see how to plan any trips your self as its a lot cheaper than the organised ones.

triplets Sun 21-Jul-13 23:56:10

Thank you Fluffy, they are all round trip from Southampton, we are in Kent so not far to go............allowing myself to get a little excited! smile

Fluffy1234 Sun 21-Jul-13 22:01:59

Good luck triplets, I hope you get one. I've read lots of your holiday posts over the past few months. Choose cruises from England and then you don't have to worry about booking flights.

triplets Sun 21-Jul-13 20:34:26

Went back to P&O today and asked if we were entitled to any discount as my dh worked for them for 20 yrs..................yes smile I have to submit a form via email, put down three choices of cruises in Aug and if they have availability they will only give us 1-2 days notice.............£15pppd!!!!! I am packing my bags incase!!

zumo Sun 21-Jul-13 13:46:59

JUst keep looking you need to look twice a day every day.
You will find one we have cruised for the last 10 years and booked last minute for the last 4, its the only way we can afford to go.
We find it easier to go for 2 cabins as a family cabin is tight when its time to get changed, but still do able, after all you only sleep in the cabin.
We always get the cheapest cabin but often get upgraded at no extra cost.
Keep us posted.

triplets Sat 20-Jul-13 22:55:37

Starlight.............your link had expired! Thank you all for looking, still would like a cruise.

BellaVita Sat 20-Jul-13 21:03:42

And three rooms!

BellaVita Sat 20-Jul-13 21:03:24
AndreaDawn Sat 20-Jul-13 20:50:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

saggyhairyarse Sat 20-Jul-13 00:18:56

I would say that is a tough budget to take 5 away in the school holidays. The cheapest I managed was two weeks in a Eurocamp campsite (Ca'Savio) near Venice. It was £900 for the camping and £350 for the flights. I am guessing that will not work with 3 teenagers (in a tent)?

zumo Fri 19-Jul-13 18:03:34

The cruise co's sell so much to each operator, so if they say full some one may have rooms.
We booked three cabins in August last week with no issues, they said full the day before then when we checked they had some and we got a balcony too.
Try 1st for cruising and a few other net based ones.

triplets Fri 19-Jul-13 17:01:13

we have an unfriendly resident catgrin

sis Fri 19-Jul-13 14:32:03

any chance of doing a house swap?

triplets Fri 19-Jul-13 14:00:51

just looking at cruises now, P&O say their allocation for teenagers is full!

zumo Fri 19-Jul-13 12:04:28

Just wanted to add have a good look around as some operators will tell you a ships full when it isn't as they have no allocation to sell to you
Often the same cruise is on offer at a different price with different agents
Tompsons, good value Old ships old decor, but cant beat the value
Royal Caribbean Next step up depending on the age of the ship
P&O similar to above
Celebrity expensive but out of this world, it can be done a couple of years ago we had looked at a cruise but too expensive as it was £2500 each!, we booked it 3 weeks before we went and paid £1200!
Last year we did 1 week in the med with Royal Caribbean for £550 inc flights, on an older but refurbished ship.

zumo Fri 19-Jul-13 11:56:45

What about a cruise?
Coop are doing a P&O one for £800 each for 10days sailing from Southampton.
To be honest you might get it cheaper if you book the week before
Kids will love it too

lottysmum Fri 19-Jul-13 11:53:07

Not sure whether you are still thinking about a holiday...but this penthouse is well within your budget and I am sure you will get 5 flights for under £2500!

http://www.belvilla.co.uk/holiday-home/spain/la-tercia-6-persons-ES-30590-02

triplets Tue 16-Jul-13 23:09:51

We thought about France our problem is the car! We traded in our beloved 15yr old Ford Galaxy last year and bought a Toyota Avensis. Its a really nice car but its too small, you don`t have three proper seats in the back, so they squabble over who will sit on the hump in the middle!! We are thinking of not spending the money on a holiday, but changing the car for something bigger, then we would travel bit further and we could take a friend for dd, just rent in UK. Porto was it you who had a villa in Florida? Any more chocolates coming our way??

Portofino Tue 16-Jul-13 18:56:13
Portofino Tue 16-Jul-13 18:44:39

Can you drive to France? Not sure if it would be too much, but if you lose the flight costs for 5 of you, it might be easier to find a decent place to stay. We are off to La Rochelle area on Friday and the weather forecast is excellent and there are lovely beaches and lots to do.

Portofino Tue 16-Jul-13 18:40:34

I have struggled to find anything I would be happy to stay in myself so far. I will have another blast.

triplets Tue 16-Jul-13 16:54:28

oh dear, thank you Portofino, I don`t always want to tell my story. Just would like to say though that we have just had another 10 weeks of stress with dh and the reason we have the money is because my lovely Mum died last year smile

Portofino Mon 15-Jul-13 22:07:02

Ladyemen, why do you feel the need to make such a comment? Triplets has been through a whole pile of shit and her holiday budget is nowt to do with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now