Please help me find a holiday for 5 in Aug

(41 Posts)
triplets Sat 13-Jul-13 08:51:04

Getting so fed up, everything seems to be booked or way out of budget. Looking for 2 weeks anytime from the 1-21 Aug inc, budget max £4000 need 3 bedrooms. Wanted Mojacar or Puerto Pollensa ideally. Thanks.

triplets Fri 19-Jul-13 14:00:51

just looking at cruises now, P&O say their allocation for teenagers is full!

sis Fri 19-Jul-13 14:32:03

any chance of doing a house swap?

triplets Fri 19-Jul-13 17:01:13

we have an unfriendly resident catgrin

zumo Fri 19-Jul-13 18:03:34

The cruise co's sell so much to each operator, so if they say full some one may have rooms.
We booked three cabins in August last week with no issues, they said full the day before then when we checked they had some and we got a balcony too.
Try 1st for cruising and a few other net based ones.

saggyhairyarse Sat 20-Jul-13 00:18:56

I would say that is a tough budget to take 5 away in the school holidays. The cheapest I managed was two weeks in a Eurocamp campsite (Ca'Savio) near Venice. It was £900 for the camping and £350 for the flights. I am guessing that will not work with 3 teenagers (in a tent)?

AndreaDawn Sat 20-Jul-13 20:50:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BellaVita Sat 20-Jul-13 21:03:24
BellaVita Sat 20-Jul-13 21:03:42

And three rooms!

triplets Sat 20-Jul-13 22:55:37

Starlight.............your link had expired! Thank you all for looking, still would like a cruise.

zumo Sun 21-Jul-13 13:46:59

JUst keep looking you need to look twice a day every day.
You will find one we have cruised for the last 10 years and booked last minute for the last 4, its the only way we can afford to go.
We find it easier to go for 2 cabins as a family cabin is tight when its time to get changed, but still do able, after all you only sleep in the cabin.
We always get the cheapest cabin but often get upgraded at no extra cost.
Keep us posted.

triplets Sun 21-Jul-13 20:34:26

Went back to P&O today and asked if we were entitled to any discount as my dh worked for them for 20 yrs..................yes smile I have to submit a form via email, put down three choices of cruises in Aug and if they have availability they will only give us 1-2 days notice.............£15pppd!!!!! I am packing my bags incase!!

Fluffy1234 Sun 21-Jul-13 22:01:59

Good luck triplets, I hope you get one. I've read lots of your holiday posts over the past few months. Choose cruises from England and then you don't have to worry about booking flights.

triplets Sun 21-Jul-13 23:56:10

Thank you Fluffy, they are all round trip from Southampton, we are in Kent so not far to go............allowing myself to get a little excited! smile

zumo Mon 22-Jul-13 06:31:08

I hope you get sorted.
Look on Cruise critic at each port then you can see how to plan any trips your self as its a lot cheaper than the organised ones.

triplets Mon 22-Jul-13 16:05:06

Grrr just spoken to a friend of dh who is retired from P&O and he said he has tried several times for a standby offer and never got one, and there`s just 2 of them. Will have to start phoning round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now