Driving to eurocamps, tranche-sur-mer, where to stay for a halfway point?

(7 Posts)
CassCade Thu 11-Jul-13 23:06:01

Hi travellers,
I am really tired right now, so typing this quickly then going to bed and will check back tomorrow afternoon:

We are driving to Eurocamps, Camp Bel, at Tranche-sur-Mer near La Rochelle. Driving from Calais with a crossing at 9.30 a.m., and am looking for some recommendations for a halfway point to sleepover; maybe near Le Mans? We are two adults, three children (under 16).
Would really appreciate recommendations of basic, but nice, accommodation! I said Le Mans because that's about halfway, but anywhere roughly halfway will do! (My friend who has done this holiday previously has suggested Novotel Rouen Sud, but they are quite expensive for two rooms.)

(Just blurbed that bit about going to bed so that anyone who kindly replies will know not to expect an immediate reply back tonight!!)

Thanks in advance!

Branleuse Thu 11-Jul-13 23:09:18

if you call eurocamp, they wil book you another eurocamp overnight tent stop in a halfway point, for about £20

The Novotel Rouen Sud is the only place we have stayed doing this journey so can't really help any further.

What I can tell you is that you will LOVE Camping Bel! We first went when dd was 3 (she's 22 now) & re-visited about 6 times in total over the years. Last time was 2008, took our own tent, 2 x teenagers plus 1 friend for each & met up with other family we had first met there in 1999. Happy, happy days.

Have fun smile

Yonihadtoask Sun 14-Jul-13 16:19:18

We stayed in an Etap (now called Ibis Budget) in Rouen a few years ago. We had t wo rooms as we were also two adults and three DCs.

It wasn't crazily expensive, and the car park is right in front of the hotel.

I 'think' it was this one. I can't find my old invoices. There are a few in Rouen.

Roeun is a nice place to have a look around for an afternoon/evening.

Portofino Mon 15-Jul-13 08:52:40

I've stayed at the Novotel Rouen Sud too, bur check the Accor hotels website. you can search on a map and they have the Ibis/F1 budget options.

Yonihadtoask Mon 15-Jul-13 09:06:21

The Ibis Budget is what used to be the Etap chain.

The Formule 1 have shared bathrooms I believe?

So be careful when booking- unless you don't mind sharing bathrooms.

overthemill Mon 15-Jul-13 14:43:36

do not go for Formule1 - dreadful places (good for budget but not if you have kids imo as no in- room loo or shower). We used to stay outside angers in a village called avrille on our way to the vendee (logis de cavier) which has mezanine family rooms, a pol and a pizza restaurant.

Rouen is good but 1 way system a bit of a nightmare. Any accor/ibis/campanile will be ok and not too expensive, we have often had family rooms so only 1 room charge. We are staying in Tours half way to dordogne this year which also has oodles of chains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now