Taking 3yo and baby to Disneyland Paris, what do I need? And any tips?

(16 Posts)

Just booked 2 nights this weekend. Very excited!

Obviously I'll need clothes and toiletries, nappies and wipes, pyjamas, snacks for travel, ditto toys. Bottles and formula (cartons for convenience), bibs, sippy cups. Suncream. Won't need steriliser as baby is 9mo but maybe washing up liquid in small bottle?

Baby eats finger foods so we'll just share our food and maybe supplement with rice cakes, breadsticks, fruit etc.

Am I forgetting anything? I'm too excited to think straight grin

heidihole Mon 01-Jul-13 16:06:54

All I can think is omg you have to cancel that sounds impossible. But then I only have one baby so am in total awe of people who can coordinate two!

Maybe some large muslin squares to put baby on in hotel room if she will sit on floor to eat any meals (keep hotel clean). Camera and all chargers. Wee rucksack for toddler to carry her own drink and snacks in the day time

Have fun!

When are you going? We went in February and froze!!! And if you are going in high season, think about something to entertain children with while in queues.

Check out the position on food. I don't think you can take stuff into the park, but the only available food was rubbish and very expensive.

I hope you have a good time, but am afraid that we didn't...children have not asked to go back, and it was over 3 years ago!

We're going this Friday grin so hopefully weather will be ok. Good point about the queues.

I've been before, as a teen and as an adult so I have an idea of what to expect with regards to food etc. I wonder if they let you take food in for babies?

GlitterFingers Mon 01-Jul-13 16:55:27

Can I come?? smile

amazingmumof6 Mon 01-Jul-13 16:59:33

calpol, nurofen

dentinox gel for teething

Vaseline to treat a sore bottom

Valium- for you

enjoysmile

Calpol's a good idea, I've got some sachets and will take a syringey thing.

heidi you've reminded me that we have a little rucksack for DD1 with a strap so we can keep hold of her. We've not used it much as she's good at not running off generally, but in a huge, busy theme park it might be a good idea.

IfUSeekAmy Mon 01-Jul-13 18:06:11

We went in March with our 2,5,7 yr olds. You can take food into the park, we took a whole rucksack every day of lunch and snacks and they scan your bags but they didn't say anything about it and we saw loads of people doing the same thing. Drinks and food are sooo expensive there, I literally took a weeks worth of shopping in the car with us just so we didn't need to buy anything while we were there. (But we stayed at Davy Crockett so self catering anyway) Definitely need buggy/buggy board or something for your 3yr old as there is a LOT of walking and our children were all exhausted after the first day and really struggled the days after with the distance they had to walk. Have fun!!

noramum Mon 01-Jul-13 22:02:05

Food is expensive and often fries and burger. We just came back and had difficulties as DD hates junk food three days in a row. We spend between €65-80 for dinner and €25-30 for lunch. The good restaurants were really expensive. I would pack some Ellas Kitchen pouches or similar things.

If you look at www.dlrpmagic.com you can search for menus. There are also lots of buffet style restaurants but I don't know what they serve.

We took tons of dried snacks, fruit (dried and fresh) and water. A small bottle of water costs €3.

We stayed at the New York and there was a ice machine on the floor where our room was. We had a small cooler (lunch box size) and filled it each evening as we had yoghurt pouches with us. You don't have a fridge, just a mini bar. Also there was no kettle.

That's good to know about the lack of fridge and kettle, I'll definitely take individual formula cartons for DD2. I'll take plenty of snacky food and some water bottles. I think we'll probably do some shopping one afternoon (a whole day in the parks might be a bit much for DD1) so we can restock up a bit then.

Thanks all smile

We've decided not to tell DD1 about the trip until we're on the train. I think I might burst before then though!

noramum Tue 02-Jul-13 16:08:58

One other thing: we went after lunch back to the hotel for a nap. DD was up at 6.30am so we could get the most out of the 2 Magic hours. We then went back at 3pm and stayed for the parade and had dinner.

For the parade you need to be on USA Main Street at 6pm to get a space so take something to keep the LO happy and occupied. But the wait was worth it.

NoSnowJustSand Fri 05-Jul-13 14:41:19

Ooh, we're going next week, can you give us an update on the weather when you get back?

Ifcatshadthumbs Fri 05-Jul-13 14:46:25

The choice of drinks for kids over there is very limited fizzy drinks or water (and expensive) we took a bottle of squash with us and made drinks up whilst we were there (there are lots of water fountains in the park)
Are you taking a stroller for your 3 year old too? I would recommend you do.

PipkinsPal Fri 05-Jul-13 15:00:21

I went with my elderly parents, sister and niece at the end of April. We stayed in Santa Fe. There is a garage within walking distance which sells all sorts of stuff, water is much cheaper there. We bought milk for my niece. My parents wanted a cup of tea in their room and had brought tea bags and sugar sachets. Reception gave her a kettle, no charge. Unfortunately my Mother didn't think about cups, which we did not have at that time. You can hire pushchairs but my sister took her own. If going by Eurostar its well worth paying extra for your luggage to be taken off the train and transported to the hotel because we just walked straight out of the station and into Disney and likewise at the end of the holiday. Word of warning. The tourists in the park are really rude and will push and shove and have no concept of queuing. So to get pictures of your little ones with the characters you unfortunately will just have to do the same.

Thanks everyone, we're back now smile and had a fantastic time. Food was expensive but for 3 days we just rolled with it. Had nice buffets at Agrabah Cafe (Mediterranean food) in Disneyland park and Parkside Diner (American, and great desserts!) in Hotel New York. 25-30 euros per adult but cheaper than some of the set menus and all you can eat. Cheaper lunch today at Cafe Hyperion (burgers).

NoSnow the weather's been gorgeous; hottest day was today, high 20s at least. I think it's meant to last, so take suncream. Also wear comfortable shoes as you're basically on your feet all day, and take water bottles in and refill them at water fountains. No problem with taking your own drinks and snacks in. Hope you have a great time smile

Yes we're just back from a week there too.

The garage beside Santa Fe, and the shops/ baguette place in the railway station are worth checking out for cheaper drinks snacks etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now