Eurostar with a baby - is Standard Premium worth it?

(14 Posts)
KingRollo Wed 26-Jun-13 20:45:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Snowgirl1 Thu 27-Jun-13 15:16:21

I've travelled in Standard Premium for work. I wouldn't pay £100 extra for it. You get a bit more than a soggy cheese sandwich - it's a bit like an airline meal if I remember correctly, a little starter/salad, a little main and a little dessert. But even if you go in standard class they have someone coming up and down with a trolley selling drinks and snacks.

Personally, I'd go in standard class and make sure I booked a table seat .

KingRollo Thu 27-Jun-13 17:54:30

Bonsoir Thu 27-Jun-13 17:57:18

There is really no difference in Eurostar between Standard and Standard Premium.

KingRollo Thu 27-Jun-13 18:16:20

cooper44 Fri 28-Jun-13 19:27:39

I disagree. I think there's a big difference. I've travelled premium with a baby (at ten weeks) and it was such a stress free pleasant experience. There's a lot more space and nearly always much less busy.
I travel to Paris a lot for work too. The economy coaches I always fine packed, noisy and cramped.
Yes agree the food they serve is a bit odd but its a very different experience I think. Plus the staff were super helpful with baby on board.

cooper44 Fri 28-Jun-13 19:28:21

*find not fine

Guitargirl Fri 28-Jun-13 20:02:39

I am with cooper. I have travelled both with DCs and found the premium a much more pleasant and less stressful experience.

Portofino Fri 28-Jun-13 20:09:52

I would not pay 100 quid extra for it, and people who have would give you evils if the baby cries etc.

Portofino Fri 28-Jun-13 20:11:55

I always go in M&S at st Pancras and buy something nice to eat on the train. Business class on Eurostar - lovely, same seat, crap food not worth it.

Wildwaterfalls Fri 28-Jun-13 20:12:11

I'm with Cooper too. The seats are quite a bit more spacious I find, staff are really helpful and the food keeps you busy/entertained even if it sometimes a random selection (think we had something like couscous salad, cheese, trifle and a roll!)

Portofino Fri 28-Jun-13 20:15:30

When doing the regular Ashford Brussels trip with dd, I always used to ask if one of the coaches was less crowded, and often got bumped up.

Purplepassages Fri 28-Jun-13 20:21:58

Are you going to Paris or Brussels?

If Brussels, might be worth looking on Deutsche Bahn for a ticket to Cologne - from 49Euro and babies/children get a free seat, including on the Eurostar.

KingRollo Sat 29-Jun-13 06:49:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now