Are Groupon getaways worth it?

(6 Posts)
ctrlaltdel Mon 17-Jun-13 19:46:23

Thanks for the replies. It's a Tuscany mini break and the hotel seems to have good reviews. I'll have a look on secret escapes too but I am feeling reassured by the positive experiences so may well go for it.

Ruthiebabes Mon 17-Jun-13 18:40:46

Check out secret escapes... u can choose dates.. my friend had a great deal to Tenerife with them.

BobblyGussets Mon 17-Jun-13 17:34:41

Where are you thinking of going OP?

BobblyGussets Mon 17-Jun-13 17:34:09

Yes, we've done it; we booked a lovely hotel in Hay in Wye for two nights b&b for about £100 and it was nice.
We are going to 17th century manor house hotel in Leicestershire at the start of the school summer holiday (mid week, but we managed to get dates in the holidays) with Dcs, dinner, b&b for 2 nights at well under £200. Well worth it at those prices.
I always think, as long as its not awful and if the hotel is only ok, you won't have paid more than its worth.
I fancy one of their Budapest mini packages next k x

rufusnine Mon 17-Jun-13 17:08:52

Have done a couple of good trips with Groupon. If you can't agree suitable dates with the hotel i think you can get your money back or at least bank it until you see anotherdeal. Check out the terms and conditions - Ive used living social as well. Secret escapes is also good and you actually book the days there and then - no voucher X I've had short breaks with all 3 companies with no probs and also booked my sister on a Wowcher one which was also good. Happy hunting!

ctrlaltdel Mon 17-Jun-13 07:24:25

DH and I have a few free days together (while DC's are at grandparents) and we were trying to find somewhere nice but on a limited budget to go.

I saw what looks like a great deal on Groupon. I've never used them before and I'm not sure if there is a catch. We would only have fairly fixed dates to travel on and it looks like you can't guarantee the dates available until after you've paid for the voucher.

Has anyone used them before? Is it worth the risk or would I be in danger on spending money on a voucher I may not be able to use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now