Please can someone find me a bargain hotel in Edinburgh?

(7 Posts)
mrsspongebob Sat 15-Jun-13 20:47:23

No chance!

Have a look at Dunfermline. The city hotel is usually good and fairly cheap. Train direct into the city every 20 minutes or so.

DTisMYdoctor Sat 15-Jun-13 18:00:31

Tbh, I think you'd need a minor miracle to get something cheap in August - especially leaving it this late and I think that's the English bank holiday weekend?

There's a caravan/campsite at Mortonhall you could look at or for other out of town locations try Dalkeith. Good luck!

pizzaqueen Sat 15-Jun-13 17:51:57

This is peak festival time so getting something cheap in Edinburgh - good luck!

Why not try nearby Linlithgow, Polmont, Falkirk, all only 20minute train journey into Edinburgh and trains run every 15mins. They all have cheap travel lodges or b&b.

Also maybe try Penicuik which has a bus link into Edinburgh.

Sleepyfergus Sat 15-Jun-13 17:51:12

At Festival time, it's going to be tough. Best mate trying out of town locations and use public transport/ taxis to get in/ out of city centre.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 15-Jun-13 17:46:40

You might try looking at backpackers hostels but agree you've left it late to book accommodation during the Festival.

Anthracite Sat 15-Jun-13 17:42:30

I doubt you will have much luck in booking cheap accommodation right in the middle of the Festival.

ComeAlongPond Sat 15-Jun-13 13:54:46

Tall order, I know, but I don't know where to start.

Four adults, for three nights, from Friday the 23rd of August. Going home on the Monday.

I know places will be expensive but I'm looking for as cheap as possible, so was hoping MN would have some good bargain hunting skills! Can be as basic as anything, not looking for luxury, just a place to sleep really - and maybe with access to breakfast, but not vital.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now