Packing tips and Brittany experts please...

(8 Posts)
dreamingofsun Mon 17-Jun-13 14:23:18

jack - i would go to south brittany as the weather is most reliable. we have been all over it and there isn't really a horrid area.

JackReacher Mon 17-Jun-13 10:06:13

Slightly off topic but where can people actually recommend going in Brittany? I mean the actual area/place plus hotels or apartments thanks I'm hoping to go next year will have a 14/15 month old with me. Any advise appreciated.

5Foot5 Fri 14-Jun-13 21:40:07

Not sure I would got to Mont St. Michel with a 2 and a 5 year old to be honest. It is a fantastic place but I just wonder whether it has enough to interest children and it can be VERY CROWDED in summer. We went last August and it was chockerblock. Oh and rather hot actually!

MyShoofly Fri 14-Jun-13 02:57:30

Also, I found a nice thin lightweight fleece perfect for chill off the water on cooler days.

MyShoofly Fri 14-Jun-13 02:55:39

I recommend packing some toques if your going to Mont St. Michelle - the day I was there it was rainy and the wind was something fierce (understatement).

Otherwise light breathable layers and rain-proof jackets/umbrellas for variable weather.

Rattitude Fri 14-Jun-13 01:11:52

And a pair of walking shoes/trainers as well as sandals!

Rattitude Fri 14-Jun-13 01:10:21

Although the weather ought to be nice in late July in Southern Brittany, you can never be sure.

I would pack a light rain-proof jacket (with hood) and a jumper, as well as a pair of jeans in addition to shorts, swimsuits, tee-shirts...

DizzyDalek Thu 13-Jun-13 22:27:53

Myself,dp and 2 dc aged 5 and 2 are off to southern Brittany in July(last 2 weeks). We will be taking 2 suitcases,hand luggage each and dd will have a small rucksack for the plane. We only usually go for a week and I always end up taking way too much.Staying in a gite with laundry facilities so in theory shouldn't need that much,but then I don't want to be washing all the time! What worries me is the weather can be a bit hit and miss from what I've read so I'm not sure exactly what to take. All tips gratefully appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now