Most useful thing you took on holiday with a toddler and/or a newborn?

(29 Posts)
sunnysunnyshine Tue 11-Jun-13 11:36:28

I'm going away for 2 wks (sunny hol) with an almost 3 to and a 2 month old.

I'm panicking a bit about what to take now. Has anybody got any tips please??

mumofthemonsters808 Thu 20-Jun-13 22:45:54

Mosquito net to go over the pram, particularly useful in the evenings.

Shelly32 Fri 21-Jun-13 19:36:23

Their fave nighttime teddy, wipes, nti bac gel and a portable DVD player for the plane. Did a 10 hr flight with 2x 1.5 yr olds. It was a life saver as they didn't have theitr own seats/tv screen.

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 21-Jun-13 19:59:37

Disposable changing mat for DD to sit on on the plane seat. When she threw up one hour into a nine hour flight it was great to know it had all been caught and she had a clean seat to sit in for the rest of the journey. Also the seat didn't smell for the rest of the flight.

MeAndMySpoon Thu 18-Jul-13 18:18:23

A bag full of attractive snacks and small, cheap activities for the toddler on the plane. I cannot contemplate a mere 2.5 hour trip to Portugal with my wiggly 2.5 yr old without a bag full of fruit yoyos, mini cheddars, juice, pretzels, breadsticks chocolate and apples.

Do you like using slings? You can buy or borrow/rent a lightweight wrap sling (Calin Bleu etc) that might be a shade cooler than a carrier like an ergo. That said, I'm about to take my toddler Connecta somewhere hot and I'm choosing to forget how sweaty it can get!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now