Passport question

(10 Posts)
Bimbledorf Tue 18-Jun-13 16:31:18

Hey change did you get your passport back ok yet? I have just sent off for a first passport for my 7 month old. Did it via check and send, have 5 weeks before travelling. Hope it's ok!

changechangechange Wed 12-Jun-13 06:03:25

Would it just be at my nearest office? That would be the London one. Hope you get docs back soon.

GoingVerySlowlyMad Tue 11-Jun-13 22:33:00

Have just done ours with the check and send service. Mine and DD1's renewal took 10 days and DD2's first passport took 12 days. I still have not received my wedding cert or DD2's birth cert back yet. Do you know which office it is at as certain ones run much slower than others due to demand. I know a few who have had total nightmares with the Durham office.

changechangechange Tue 11-Jun-13 19:08:12

So, they've contacted my counter-signatory.

<chews fingers>

It'll be with me quickly once they receive the form back from her, won't it?

changechangechange Thu 06-Jun-13 13:08:39

Thanks Pootles, that's also reassuring. I should check whether my cheque has cleared, then I'll have a hat-trick of reassurance and may stop panicking. grin

Pootles2010 Thu 06-Jun-13 12:42:20

Ours took 2 weeks, but again in April, so quieter. The woman in post office said if there's an issue you'll get the call within first week or so.

I should think the 6 weeks you've allowed will be plenty.

changechangechange Thu 06-Jun-13 12:34:18

Thanks Narky. That's actually quite reassuring - obviously I do expect mine to take longer due to me not getting it together as early in the year as you, but the fact that no documents back so far doesn't mean "well it will still be another week/fortnight/whatever after docs before passport arrives".

NarkyNamechanger Thu 06-Jun-13 07:59:15

Ours took about 2 weeks (13 days I think) but this was in April, it's much busier now.

Weirdly the passports (we had two renewals in the same envelope with it) arrived before the documents came back.

changechangechange Thu 06-Jun-13 07:57:13

Bump sad

changechangechange Wed 05-Jun-13 20:14:04

Yes, I really should have organised this further in advance so I wouldn't be fretting now.

If you got dc's first passport recently, how long did it take, and when did you get your documents back relative to the passport arriving? The application's been with them two weeks, I've not received his birth cert back yet.

We travel in four weeks, so not major panic yet, but I didn't realise I'd need the stupid bar code to track, so of course I don't have it. I somehow misread "three weeks minimum" as "three weeks maximum". blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now