17 19 and 21 year old ideas please

(24 Posts)
Musicaltheatremum Mon 23-Dec-13 16:46:07

I would second Royal Carribean. Went to the Baltic with them I the summer with 17year old and 20 year old son and daughter. Fabulous

I've no idea confused

grin at pissedasafartgate
Aren't they American?
<imagines 18 year old refused bar service>

We've been on a few once I stopped screaming over my dead body
We went with Royal Carribean. A very very mixed group including aforementioned teens, DH, DBIL, DSil, MIL, PIL, DM and DF...
The only frisson of anger was when DBil got hammered one day and turned up for formal dinner, swore at MIL and flounced off grin
Tipping is voluntary and only done at the end of the cruise. No cash needed on board as everyone has a stateroom pass which works like an on board credit card. You can view your daily spends on the stateroom TV. SIL was very interested in BILs account after pissedasafartgate...
DC did their own things onboard. Formal dress is only for specific evenings and if you want to eat in your flip flops and shorts on those evenings you can go to one of the many eateries on board to do so, or order the free room service.

OOps missed that. There was no Zombie alert?

KatieScarlett tell me more?
I've never done cruises, put off by the whole dressing up and tipping thing.

Zombie thread!

Where did you go in the end OP? grin

DD 18, DS 17 and DNeph unanimously agree best family holiday was this years Cruise.
The only time they had to see us was to cadge money on offshore days smile

EmmaP1 I have never been to mainland Spain (thinks Benidorm <shudder>) so am intrigued by your suggestion. Where did you stay?
I'm looking for a holiday to appeal to my 16 and 18 year old DSs. They are very happy to come along with us but sailing and water sports are not their thing.

EmmaP1 Wed 27-Nov-13 16:26:14

When you're there do you all stick together or do they go off and do there own thing?
If you want somewhere that has something for everyone try La Pineda on the Costa Dorada. We've been previously and really enjoyed it. The resort itself has a great beach and plenty of bars and reastaurants but isn't too over the top. Nearby is the very busy Salou which the boys would love as there are lots of lively bars and clubs. Also close by is Tarragona which has a great roman ampitheatre and a very Spanish feel to it which might be better for you. Barcelona is closeby at about an hour away and the Montserrat monastery is also worth a visit, if only for the stunning views. The biggest attraction though would be PortAventura theme park. It's a great place for all the family and lots of rides, shows etc. We booked with PortAventura Holidays and stayed in La Pineda, but we got a free three day theme park pass included in our deal which was well worth it.

cakebar Mon 25-Nov-13 19:24:40

We had a nice holiday in Jamaica with our parents at that age, there was lots of water sports or we could be lazy and there were a few nice excursions for a bit of a change.

CreamyCooler Fri 22-Nov-13 17:40:47

Californian road trip or an RV holiday perhaps?

stewartlaura67 Fri 22-Nov-13 09:56:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PinkMangoSays Fri 31-May-13 20:03:13

I love going on holiday with my family! It's really nice to spend time with them when they're normally busy at work etc. I also go ono holiday with my friends but pay for that myself out of my money that I've saved up

Fairyloo Fri 31-May-13 16:48:20

God at that age I wouldn't have been seen dead with my parents.

Can you not give them the money to go with friends

dreamingofsun Fri 31-May-13 16:45:08

villa in portugal, within walking distance of a resort?

mummymeister Fri 31-May-13 16:19:41

assisted sailing holiday between the greek islands. what kind of things are they in to OP. we had a fab trip with teenagers in florida keys but mine love outdoors and water sports.

frissonpink Fri 31-May-13 13:20:04

Neilson is fab, but expensive. Depends on your budget?

Suggest Vassiliki in Greece.

3nationsfamily Fri 31-May-13 13:18:38

What about a city break somewhere like Barcelona where there would be a mix of culture, shopping, sport (Camp Nou/ Barca) and local beaches. Or maybe a theme park type place like Portaventura.

specialsubject Thu 30-May-13 22:30:36

Neilson get good reports on here.

Windy Greek islands like Naxos where they can learn to wind surf?
What do they like to do?
Skiing on the glacier in Zermatt? (wildly guessing now grin?)

San Sebastian and the Basque country, combining scenary and surf.

Or somewhere in France they could surf/learn to surf if interested.

Croatia?

bankofmum Thu 30-May-13 21:39:40

DP and I have 3 boys between us. They are still happy to come away on family holiday as eldest two don't live with us full time. Last year we paid about £1000 each to go to crap all inclusive in Tenerife. It was a disaster not much to do but drink watered down beer all day (them not us). We would be happy to pay a bit more to go somewhere nice and can go out of school holidays this year so should get better deal. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now