Talking myself out of sharm el sheik in October and my reasons are ridiculous.

(32 Posts)
Crutchlow35 Sun 26-May-13 17:04:42

We want a good weather holiday for the October holidays so 12th for 2 weeks. Our preference is Tenerife but we want good weather and I know we can't get that guaranteed in October so are looking and almost booking sharm. 31 degrees and thomsons kids club for DS. Reviews are good however, we need inoculations, food positioning and the shits all put me off.

I don't want to spend £2600 to have 2 weeks with my arse or head in the toilet. Worse still I don't want ds to be ill. I want him to have a brilliant time.

So tell me I am being stupid and give me your good stories about sharm or recommend somewhere with fabulous weather and kids club for ds. I know lots frown on kids club but our family is the three of us. We have very little help babysitting wise so DH and I need a few hours to reacquaint ourselves also! DS is 5.

saintmerryweather Sat 01-Jun-13 17:06:53

i went to tenerife in early october and the weather was gorgeous, between 25 and 30 every day

Lucyhanco Sat 01-Jun-13 23:08:56

GO!!
Go but just choose your hotel wisely to avoid tummy troubles. If you are looking for guaranteed sunshine in October then this is the closest place to the UK with fantastic sun in the 30's. If you are looking for culture, Michelin star dining etc then this is not the place to go, however if you are looking for a cheap and I mean cheap holiday with hot sun and good standard of hotel then Sharm is your place. Have tried several European resorts in October and weather is hit and miss. For example one year Cyprus was great and the following year it rained nearly every day. Egypt does not have this problem.
When choosing a hotel look at Trip Advisor and then dependent on your budget choose hotel accordingly. We usually stay at Sultan Gardens and pay around £120 for a family room with 2 bedrooms all inclusive. Stayed 4 times now and never a stomach problem, staff really friendly and helpful. Would love to stay at the Four Seasons however this isn't our main holiday just sun break in Easter and October/

thenightsky Sat 01-Jun-13 23:51:06

I've been going to Egypt for years and never had innoculations. Didn't know you had to. Got brief upset tummy the first time, but never since.

TheRealFellatio Sun 02-Jun-13 04:00:33

Lucy you mean 1200 surely, not 120 quid? shock

Lucyhanco Sun 02-Jun-13 20:14:16

£120 per night for 2 bedroom villa

Egypt is a dump. Vile people, vile place, gross gross gross.

BUT, we stayed in the Royal Savoy hotel. Didnt leave it. Spent our days snorkeling, floating on a lilo, and eating. It was amazing, 40 degs from 7am-7pm, we didnt see a single cloud. I cant think of anywhere else that you can get the weather.

Still wouldnt go back though. Sharm airport was enough to scar me for life <shudder>

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 02-Jun-13 21:34:18

This will be our forth year in a row going to Tenerife for the second week in October. We have had decent weather the three times we have been and fingers crossed will have again.

It's a great place for a 5 year old, the flight isn't too long and although we stay in a different place our friends stayed at the First Choice AI last year and booked again for this year as they found it so good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now