Can you help me find the perfect holiday please?

(13 Posts)
suebfg Sun 26-May-13 15:12:36

For 2 weeks in summer or October holidays. It must have:

- an element of adventure or cultural interest (for me and DH)
- other children for DS to play with (he is 6)
- somewhere sunny (say 25 - 30 degrees) and access to pools/beach

Budget would be up to £5k for the 3 of us and we don't mind where in the world as long as it's safe

suebfg Sun 26-May-13 22:36:55

bumpety bump

Portofino Mon 27-May-13 09:19:33

Marrakech?

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Wed 29-May-13 19:40:38

If I had enough money, almost anything from

http://www.adventurecompany.co.uk/family

looks good to me!
I've never personally used them but have seen them recommended on here.

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Wed 29-May-13 19:40:57

Link fail, try again!

www.adventurecompany.co.uk/family

stewartlaura67 Fri 22-Nov-13 10:23:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SoldeInvierno Sat 23-Nov-13 14:56:51

If you want your Ds to meet other kids, you need a hotel with children's club. I have booked Hotel Gran Costa Adeje for next July. The 3 of us in a suite for 9 days , including flights, was just over 3K. We are planning to go to see Teide, dolphin watching and other animal relayed things. The hotel is meant to be very popular with families, so my DS, who is an only child, should find other kids there. Your bugdet is higher so what about Mauritius in October? I almost booked Mauritius for us but the weather is too cold in July.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 23-Nov-13 15:06:10

Costa Rica?

I'm about to book a holiday there.

SoldeInvierno Sat 23-Nov-13 15:41:48

But wouldn't Costa Rica be very wet in Our summer time?

VivaLeBeaver Sat 23-Nov-13 20:35:08

You'd have to look at different monthly figures for different areas of Costa, there's a difference between the different sides. I'd have thought Oct would be less rainy and appparantly Julys often ok.

And when it rains in the rainy season I've read it's mainly in late afternoon and night.

EmmaP1 Wed 27-Nov-13 16:44:55

I agree with SoldeInvierno that somewhere with a kids club would be good. At that time of year it would really need to be the Canaries, Cyprus or Egypt.
The canary islands are popular tourist spots but they're still cultural too. Lanzarote has a great arts scene and places such as Jameos del Agua and Timanfaya national park are great to visit. Tenerife has some fantastic smaller villages and the capital is also well worth a visit.
It's easy to get from one island to the other by ferry too (Lanzarote- Fuerteventura for example) so you could hop on the boat and try out other places.

Egypt would be good too as the weather would be fine, but the issue at the minute would be safety. It has been declared as a safe place again now but it would be a shame to go there and not be able to see some of the ancient sites, and it might be worth holding off on Egypt for a while.

superlambanana Wed 27-Nov-13 17:03:38

There are amazing family hotels in Austria - I think they're called Kinderhotels? Spa for adults, sports activities, stunning scenery, kids' activities.... I am desperate to go there! Plus it's a really interesting country.

carolmillen Fri 29-Nov-13 19:54:45

Egypt is fab for snorkelling and perfect for an October holiday.

I would also look at Mexico for a July holiday - if you go to the Yucatan Peninsular, you can take a trip to Chichen Itza, snorkel with turtles at Akumal and swim in cenotes. July is technically the start of the hurricane season but hurricanes tend to be later on in the season.

Perhaps check out Thailand too for an October holiday, maybe a few days in Bangkok and then head out to an island?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now