Lost luggage, Ipads, Iphones,pushchairs, where does it end up?

(5 Posts)
tobidornottobid Sun 19-May-13 14:05:50

Could not believe my eyes yesterday at the Mid-Sussex Auctions held at the Ardingly showground, bags and bags of clothes, shoes, rucksacks, bundles of pushchairs, suitcases, phones, Ipads, most is lost luggage left on planes, quite incredible that we lose so much, an eye opener.

tobidornottobid Sun 19-May-13 14:08:58

To add to this best advice from airlines is to make sure you put your contact details inside your suitcase and not only on the outside, labels can fall off.

We always drop a few of dh's business cards in every suitcase and hand luggage....

tobidornottobid Sun 19-May-13 14:22:45

I was gobsmacked at the quantity of lost luggage items up for auction, and this is a monthly auction apparently. Bags of clothes selling for £25, sad to see childrens belongings, skiwear, cycling helmets, so much lost property it is mind boggling really.

specialsubject Sun 19-May-13 15:00:27

interesting - as an ex-rep I know that items left in the cabin are never seen again, but I assumed that they 'disappeared'.

sounds like some end up in this auction. Baffled about the hold luggage though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now