Travelling with Addison lee with babies on lap!

(5 Posts)
wigglesrock Sun 26-May-13 10:42:04

Yes, you can travel without carseats on a one off journey such as taxis etc. A bit like travelling on buses smile . Don't put the child on your knee then use the seatbelt. If possible they're safer on the seat not on your knee.

Suewithtwins Sat 25-May-13 09:38:58

Thank you for your replies. That's good to know. smile

Crutchlow35 Sun 19-May-13 15:38:02

You can legally travel a short distance without a car seat I believe.

mikkii Sun 19-May-13 13:35:54

I haven't travelled with Addison Lee but have often travelled in taxis with DC on knee. There was a thread elsewhere where a lady whose husband is a black cabbie said this is legal.

I thought AL always used Galaxy's, some of these have a special baby seat built into the row 3 seats. We used one for DC 3 last summer, the back middle portion of the seat pulled forward to reveal a booster and a 5 point belt.

Suewithtwins Sun 19-May-13 12:50:28

I've just had a quote to Luton airport with Addison lee who have confirmed they no longer supply child seats but are insured to allow us to carry our babies on our laps at our risk. Has anyone had experience of this. It sounds odd considering the general laws around child seats.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now