Just booked flights to Morocco with DD who will be 22mo - advice?

(7 Posts)
Lioninthesun Sat 18-May-13 23:04:08

We will be staying with a friend of mine once there so can keep clothes to a minimum.
I think my Nationwide acc has travel insurance...? Anyone know if this is OK for both of us?
Should take DD's Red Book and anything else?
So excited but nervous too as travelling alone with her for the first time!

supersue1969 Sat 18-May-13 23:25:56

how long are you going for? If just a couple of weeks and your child has no health problems I would think normal health insurance is fine and the red book would not be needed.

We went to Morocco, when our kids were 3 and 18 months and loved it.

GrandPoohBah Sat 18-May-13 23:30:27

We went with DD when she was 4mo and had a fabulous time. No advice but enjoy and I'm very jealous!

paneer Sat 18-May-13 23:31:25

Take her birth certificate, esp if you have different last names but I would say even if you have the same names (you might get asked on re-entry to UK).

Have a great time. I took DD (older) during the Easter holidays. Loved it. Love the souks. Didn't enjoy bartering, but if you have a local with you...

defineme Sat 18-May-13 23:32:28

You need to get named travel insurance for your child-it'll cost next to nothing.
22 months is a great age to travel.
Make sure you are pretty covered up-Morocco is quite religious in a lot of areas.

Lioninthesun Sun 19-May-13 00:42:56

Thanks everyone! Will look into travel insurance then. Is the Post Office still a good place to get it? I used to travel on work insurance so a bit out of touch!
Am flying with Air Maroc - but not sure if she gets her own seat...I said she was under 2 and paid for her, so am assuming yes? My friend assures me that they will let the buggy up to the boarding gate and stow it from there which is a relief. Just waiting for it at the other end may be interesting...will take the reigns as she is just over 2st so too big to carry and liable to run off if anything looks interesting!
We have the same surname and I have her passport, do I really need her BC too? A bit wary of having all of her important docs on me, IYKWIM.
Anyone recommend anything to see/do there with young kids?

paneer Sun 19-May-13 21:55:32

If you have a birth cert, I would take it. Not as if it takes any room up!
/
Where in Morocco are you going to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now