Shorthaul flight with 6 and 3 year old, what to take on the plane?

(5 Posts)
NoHank Fri 17-May-13 18:30:47

Just that really. We fly to menorca in a couple of weeks. The flight is 7am so we will be at the airport very early but will be arriving lunch time in Menorca. I'm thinking ahead about what to pack and take on the plane to make life a bit easier at the airport / on board / when we arrive (plus I like a good list)

So far I have travel documents, a change of clothes for DD (3) and some colouring books and pens but I'm sure there is much more that I haven't thought of so any ideas from more seasoned travellers would be appreciated

Sheshelob Fri 17-May-13 18:41:36

Snacks of varying degrees of specialness
Stickers and sticker books
Activity books
Favourite books
iPad/iPhone plus head phones and headphone splitter
Crisp fivers to hand to fellow passengers in event of screaming
Vallium (for you)

katb1973 Fri 17-May-13 18:52:48

Great list sheshelob, I've also taken a portable DVD player (beg,borrow if you don't have one) some small toys with no bits that come off (wrapped up..new.....keeps their interest far longer), crayons, spiral bound booklets with blank paper (cheap at poundland) and patience. Get up and walk around with them, look out the windows, ignore sour passengers that comment or give dirty looks and focus on the smilers. Good luck!

givemeaclue Fri 17-May-13 18:54:31

Change of clothes for you.Its not much fun sitting in puked on clothes.
Wet wipes

NoHank Fri 17-May-13 19:06:56

Some great ideas, thank you. I won't be the only adult thankfully so we can divide and conquer if need be.

I see a trip to the nearest pound shop coming up (and also maybe to the GP!)
And a good reminder about the wet wipes. I forgot DS is not the best traveller (and has been known to up chuck more than once)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now