TRAVEL advice required

(7 Posts)
littlejosh Thu 16-May-13 19:13:14

Hi

Need some sound quick advice.

Booked to travel (on low cost airline) on Monday morning to Eire.
DC's passport (Irish) has been issued today with incorrect spelling of their surname (one character is wrong), discovered when returning from collecting (in my stressful state I didn't notice) from the passport office.
Have no idea how the mistake happened at this moment.

Therefore names on passport and ticket wont match...

I am considering ringing the passport office tomorrow to find out, what to do, but dh thinks they will invalidate the passport so wont be able to travel (he thinks I should still attempt to travel).

Can the passport office do anything, eg a letter of support.
Any advice would be helpful at this time. Is there anything I can do to still travel (correctly on Monday).

Many Thanks

Cross posted in wwyd aswell

tribpot Thu 16-May-13 19:16:51

My understanding is that you don't need a passport to enter the Republic of Ireland from the UK, although you do need a form of photo ID. And I guess the problem you may have is your dc doesn't have another one.

Is the passport a requirement of the airline?

littlejosh Thu 16-May-13 19:23:37

It's for the airline only and it's his only
Photo I'd

tribpot Thu 16-May-13 19:26:14

So if it's for the airline, I'd phone them and see what they say. At this late stage you haven't got a lot of choice but to chance it and hope for the best.

littlejosh Fri 17-May-13 11:27:54

All sorted, airline changed ticket to match passport but have advised get passport sorted out upon return...

Thank you for the advice...

littlejosh Sat 18-May-13 09:51:57

Mr OLearys amazingly!!

littlejosh Tue 28-May-13 09:12:51

We made it in and out, am now back so off to sort a passport out!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now