Anyone been to Granada?

(9 Posts)
SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 16-May-13 11:28:45

We are staying in a villa in a village near to Granada in July. Has anyone been to this area before? I just wondered what there was to do around? We will be hiring a car so we can go further afield, although I don't fancy any really long car journies. We would like to visit the coast too but I don't know where to go.

I have not been to Spain since I was a child so I am looking forward to it smile

HelloClouds Thu 16-May-13 19:02:45

The Alhambra in Granada!! Totally unmissable. But if you are going with small children be sure to book morning tickets (you can do this online here www.ticketmaster.es/nav/en/mucho_mas/granada/alhambra_y_generalife_09oz/alhambra_general/index.html ) as it gets incredibly hot after lunch! Book well in advance as it’s ultra popular in summer.
Also wandering round the village in the evenings trying all the tapas!
Will you have a pool?

Portofino Fri 17-May-13 08:32:56

2nd the Alhambra. And agree - do book in advance. Ronda is well worth a visit.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 17-May-13 11:02:58

Thanks, I will definitely book for Alhambra in the morning. Yes, we have a pool so will spend a fiar bit of time there. Looking forward to trying lots of good food and wine too wink

What's at Ronda Portofino?

lottysmum Fri 17-May-13 12:04:08

We stayed near Granada last year and agree with The Alhambra ...there is quite allot of riding in the area too and we did a lovely moonlight/sunset ride which was amazing with the mountains in the background.... dependent were you are the journey too the coast can be long but worth it.... we went to a few markets in the area which were good...but it will be very hot in July.... I think there are a couple of lakes (inland) where you can do watersport too...but we were there in May

Portofino Fri 17-May-13 13:32:54

Very pretty spanish town with a big gorge running through it. Stunning views etc. There is a nice moorish palace and a huge bull ring you can visit. Definitely worth a day out

Portofino Fri 17-May-13 13:35:01
Donki Fri 17-May-13 16:28:07

There is a nice castle at Salobreña - but check opening hours.
We loved Ronda too.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 20-May-13 12:27:41

Looks lovely, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now