Foldable beach umbrella or suntent?

(3 Posts)
Ninping Wed 15-May-13 20:01:47

After buying a parasol abroad last year and having to leave it there I am considering either a 'foldabrella' or a suntent of some description. Which do you think would be more useful for a family with two under 4s? I think the tent would be good for the beach but the parasol better for the pool. Or do most of you buy a cheap parasol and leave it there? Seems very wasteful!

givemeaclue Thu 16-May-13 09:38:56

I would expect the pool to have parasols.if you take your own, what will you stick it in?

Tent is good if they will stay in it. Mine would only stay in it for two mins unless asleep.

Take the tent and if you need to buy a parasol when there you can. If you leave it there its not a big deal its a few pounds. Are you going somewhere very hot?

I always buy one and leave it with someone. They seldom cost more than a few euros. I have also taken them plenty of times, never any trouble getting them on a flight as odd size luggage.
I have a pop up and framed beach tent.The pop up is too flimsy, but both take up a lot of suitcase space. They are useless anywhere windy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now