Bon Sejour en France

(8 Posts)
legoqueen Sat 11-May-13 07:50:57

Has anyone used this company to book self catering accommodation on the Ile de Re in France? Properties look great but expensive & there are no reviews...would be interested in first hand experience of them?

frenchfancy Mon 13-May-13 19:53:19

Not used them myself, but the Il de Ré is VERY expensive. Looking at that site their prices vary a lot, but I did find one that was an eyewatering 17900€ per week [gulp]

My advice is to stay on the mainland and visit the island for a day trip. it is beautiful there, but very crowded in July/August and not a lot to do other than the beaches.

GoAndAskDaddy Thu 16-May-13 21:14:52

I have booked one with them this Summer (next week half-term in fact!). So I can't give you feedback other than they have so far been helpful & good to deal with. I haven't paid the full balance yet (which seems unusual!) but will do so next week with my credit card so any problems moneywise should be easier to solve (I think?).
PM me after hterm if you want!

legoqueen Sat 18-May-13 12:31:11

Thanks, both. We stayed there last year & do love the Ile de re but are definitely not looking at the lux end of the market there...last time booked through holiday lettings but we've left it so late there's not much left...thx GoAndAskDaddy I will do that, we are looking at Betty in Rivedoux...

3630plch Tue 14-Jan-14 21:40:48

I would not use the agency Bon Sejour en France - owner is extremely unpleasant with terrible customer service skills. Perhaps you should try AIRBNB - which is an international site and pricing is much better. Ile de Re is a beautiful island worth visiting if you have the opportunity.

Wallace56 Wed 15-Jan-14 00:05:19

Do not use the agency "Bon Sejour en France" they have a horrible reputation on the island
Overpriced and numerous complaints from clients who never get their security deposit back
Owner is belligerent and treat clients in the rudest fashion
Spare yourself a rotten stay and stay clear of them
Our experience with airbnb was good on Ile de Re but BSF ruined our summer as well as another couple' stay

legoqueen Sat 25-Jan-14 21:04:14

I have to say we did end up booking with them last summer & everything was fine, we were happy with the house & did get our deposit back. We will be going back to the ile de re agin this year as we had such a lovely time.

homebythesea Thu 30-Jan-14 12:58:56

I used them last summer and had a trouble free experience, deposit was given and returned in cash so no problem there, very helpful local rep on hand to sort a couple of minor issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now