travel agent query....

(5 Posts)
olivia41 Fri 03-May-13 20:19:53

Thanks you guys for the replies! smile Attila, thanks for link... yes, am hoping hotel is as nice as it looks in print! Queen, thanks for your advice - could I just ask you, if you're arranging travel insurance, do you get cover from the date you are actually travelling on, or before (i.e. date you fill in the policy) - in case of cancellation..... thanks so much.

queenofthepirates Fri 03-May-13 19:15:02

As an travel agent, I don't mind being asked, it's the kind of thing we ought to know. Best ask in an email on Monday and expect an answer by Friday as it might not be a top priority.

Lots of agents visit the hotels they sell so they're in a good position to speak to.

Internet will be more useful to you re such details.

(Some hotels do charge for internet access).

Read www.tripadvisor.co.uk to find recent reviews on the hotel you name (the hotel you've chosen looks very nice btw).

specialsubject Fri 03-May-13 18:11:18

with the name of the hotel, 10 mins on the internet will give you the answer. The travel agent may make up an answer to get you off the phone, they have your money now and that's it.

olivia41 Fri 03-May-13 17:24:25

Hi, don't travel abroad very often and was wondering...... am staying in 4 hotels in Germany and want to know if things like internet, spa, pool, etc are free to use - is it my responsibility to find these things out or can I just ask the agent to find out for me? Have already paid for my holiday (few thousand!) and don't know if it's his remit or mine? Thanks! Also, has anyone been to Westin Grand in Berlin? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now