First family holiday abroad

(12 Posts)
Popps2905 Fri 03-May-13 11:05:18

So OH and me have finally booked our first hollibobs abroad with the 2 LO's. A is 6 months and H is 18 months and i just wondered if anyone had any advice and tips on travelling abroad for the first time with 2 LO's? Thanks xxx

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 03-May-13 11:18:22

Where are you going?

kimmills222 Fri 03-May-13 12:14:17

Congratualtions on planning your very first trip with your loved ones. And please make sure that you take appropriate amounts of food items as well as drinking water for kids so that even if you don't find it anywhere for the first few days you can feed them.

Popps2905 Fri 03-May-13 13:29:36

We're off to Crete and can't wait. It's not until October which I hope will be cooler for us and the children but we're already so excited! Ah good thinking kimmills222 i wouldn't have thought of that. If it was just me and OH going, we'd take nothing and just buy once we're out there, but A and H may be fussy once we're out there. Will food and drinks have to be placed in the suitcase, as you can't take them on a plane can you? We haven't been abroad in so long, everything's probably changed since we last went! xxx

givemeaclue Fri 03-May-13 16:52:18

She is kidding, you don't take your own food and drink, guess what they have shops, cafes, restaurants etc there. Take snacks for journey but you don't need anything more than that

Popps2905 Sat 04-May-13 17:58:49

Lol i know they'll have shops and restaurants and everything else there but what if my LO's don't like the food out there? They are 6 months and 18 months old. i may take a few pouches of food just in case. Have you taken your LO's on a plane, how was it for them? xx

jkklpu Sat 04-May-13 18:00:58

Make sure you have decent travel insurance for all of you as well as individual EHIC cards.

givemeaclue Sat 04-May-13 21:31:09

Yes I would take pouches etc for that age plus formula if you aren't bf.

kimmills222 Mon 06-May-13 11:21:08

Congratualtions on planning your very first trip with your loved ones. And please make sure that you take appropriate amounts of food items as well as drinking water for kids so that even if you don't find it anywhere for the first few days you can feed them.

Kbear Mon 06-May-13 13:07:15

you won't be allowed to take water with you - and they do drink water in Crete - bottled water will be freely available as will fruit and veg and other plain basic food if that's what your children like. Have a wonderful time and don't fret - it will be fine

Popps2905 Tue 07-May-13 08:59:17

Thanks for all your advice ladies, really appreciate it. i'm sure it's going to be amazing, you just hear all these horror stories which is what worries me! we don't fly until october but so excited about it all, we spent this weekend shopping for summer bits and bobs in case we can't find anything nearer the time lol x

givemeaclue Tue 07-May-13 16:01:29

Stop worrying, horror stories??!!

Relax and have a good time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now