Baby passport photo question

(17 Posts)
bakingaddict Sun 05-May-13 10:17:32

Always taken them ourselves and then we just pop into the local pharmacy who have a passport photo service to get them printed out.

tattyteddy Sun 05-May-13 10:04:30

Im sure this has already been mentioned, but we took pictures ourselves and then used Photobox online. All worked fine and we got the pics back in a couple of days and DD got her passport no bother. x

I didn't realise till now that under 5s did not have to be forward facing but I'd be very surprised if they were to accept a sideways photograph.

Kiriwawa Fri 03-May-13 09:40:42

I don't think completely to the side will be okay. It's easier with babies to take them somewhere. I took DS to Snappy Snaps and sat him on a stool when he was that age (I was holding onto him).

twooter Fri 03-May-13 09:34:15

Timpsons guarantee them as passport fit. I would third going to them.

givemeaclue Fri 03-May-13 09:22:53

Use the post office check and send service, they will check the photo for you . These is a fee for this but it rates time.

EarnestDullard Fri 03-May-13 09:08:32

Thanks for replies. For DD1 we took them ourselves and used a website to print them. I'm happy to do that again if I have to. Atilla the passport regulations say that under 5s don't have to be facing forward, but it doesn't specify looking slightly sideways vs facing completely to one side. I might just phone and ask

Would suggest you go to a photographer to get this done or somewhere like Timpsons.

It will be rejected by the passport office. Photos have to be forward facing.

BedHanger Fri 03-May-13 08:06:29

Sometimes photographers have white bouncy chairs. That works well.

take your own photo against a light background, upload to https://www.paspic.com/ and they will send back passport compliant photos within a few days. Alternatively go to a photographer and get them to do it for you

BedHanger Fri 03-May-13 08:05:16

I don't think completely sideways will work, although I was surprised to have the helpline confirm (when doing DS2's application) that under 1s can have their eyes closed!

I would give them a ring to check.

We took pics of DD2 in the bath (nice white background). She is wearing a facecloth in her passport photo!! DD1's pics were taken in a booth - I sat her on my lap and covered myself with a muslin so I couldn't be seen.

I'm told the best way to get a good pic of babies is to lie them down and take the photo from the top. You can lie her on a muslin to get the white background. Then you can upload the photos to an online printer.

glorious Fri 03-May-13 08:03:02

We popped DD in the cot and got the prints in the right size from photobox. Application is in now, fingers crossed!

Bunbaker Fri 03-May-13 08:00:43

I don't think they will accept them. We went to Max Spielman for ours.

sillymillyb Fri 03-May-13 07:59:47

I don't know the answer but, after many attempts to take ds photo in a booth I went to timpsons and they just lay him down on a white back ground to take it. It was genius!!! Highly recommend getting someone else to take them now smile

BabsAndTheRu Fri 03-May-13 07:58:31

I took my baby to a photographer to get the picture done, popped baby on my shoulders, he was 10 months and photographer was able to get a really good head shot. Think it only cost about a fiver, thing is they knew exactly what passport regulations were. Had tried photobooth as well but couldn't work out how not to be in the photo my self.

EarnestDullard Fri 03-May-13 07:54:06

I tried taking passport photos of DD2 (7mo) yesterday, in one of those photo booths, and she'd facing sideways in the photos. I know the regulations say under 5s don't need to face forward, but is facing completely sideways ok? Does anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now