Warm Mediterranean sea anywhere, in May?

(13 Posts)

Yes we have 18 mo twins and it was damn near heaven for them, we ate virtually every meal in (not our normal style but the twins still need high chairs which makes eating out tricky) and the food was fab. Free Internet so baby monitor on iPad for the evenings. Gorgeous warm shallow bay (a bit of litter in it some days depending on what direction the wind was, but I guess that's just the med and never dirty litter iykwim). Pool was a bit bracing but still very pleasant. Highly recommended!

Dollydowser Sat 04-May-13 22:59:52

Thanks April. Are you eating in the hotel, and do you have children? Also, I hadn't thought about swimming pools not being heated, are they warm too?

Sorry, yes, hotel ammos near chania, sandy gentle shelving beach, almost too shallow to swim in places but lovely and warm!

Lots of affordable places to stay in Sicily, especially in May!
The Med starts to heat up in June... But I am a softie Italian :D

Annunziata Thu 02-May-13 20:58:48

Sicily doesn't need to be very expensive. You can get some great flight deals and there are lots of family run places to stay in, especially at that time of year- it'll be the beginning of the season.

Dollydowser Thu 02-May-13 20:26:44

Specialsubject, yes bath temperatures are what I like! I realise I won't get them, but wondered if a small calm bay would be warmer than a straight bit of beach with a choppy sea.

Dollydowser Thu 02-May-13 20:25:22

I hadn't considered Sicily, isn't it very expensive? I have been to Cyprus, albeit many years ago, but went to a fun young resort, not the place I would go back with a family (8 & 5).

Dollydowser Thu 02-May-13 20:23:02

Whereabouts in Crete are you? Is the beach sandy?

We're in crete right now and lots of people swimming!

Annunziata Thu 02-May-13 20:06:37

Have you thought about Sicily?

specialsubject Thu 02-May-13 17:06:44

it won't be tropical, because it never is. It will be fine to swim in unless you are expecting bath temperatures.

iseenodust Thu 02-May-13 14:37:57

Take a look at Cyprus.

Dollydowser Thu 02-May-13 14:31:10

We are looking to book a holiday somewhere in the Med for the end of May/ beg of June, such as Greece, Majorca, Turkey, I don't have a specific resort in mind. I would ideally like a bay, with gently shelving sea, but will it be warm enough at that time of year to swim?
Any suggestions for resorts would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now