Where in Ireland after the dingle peninsular?

(3 Posts)
tipp2chicago Sat 27-Apr-13 09:13:40

And obviously, if you're in Carlow, Dublin is only an hour away. National Stud & Japanese Gardens is in Kildare. Loads around that area.

tipp2chicago Sat 27-Apr-13 09:11:24

West Cork - utterly gorgeous (though I don't really think it's a day trip from Carlow, especially if you head for the Beara peninsula. grin )

West Clare.

South Tipperary (easy day trip from Carlow - go to Cashel, see the Rock, eat at Cafe Hans, noodle around the area, nip up to Holycross, should be do-able I think)

There's an enormous thread around here somewhere started by someone looking for holiday accommodation about Ireland. Well worth a read.

WentworthMillerMad Sat 27-Apr-13 08:42:06

Hello, we had the most glorious holiday over Easter. Rented a house in ballydavid on the beach. Kerry and dingle exceeded my expectations and I am now really keen to see more of Ireland. My dad lives in Carlow so we have a base to start from.
Anyone got any recommendations? Donegal? Heard Wicklow is fab! Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now