Humour me - another NYC hotels thread!

(6 Posts)
amessagetoyouYoni Fri 26-Apr-13 20:35:17

Looking for a hotel for a week's break in the summer, no kids.

I cant afford top whack, but looking at 'budget' hotels online for weeks now has just depressed the hell out of me, so resigned myself to minimum 200 dollars a night and realistically probably up to 300 dollars.

Any recommendations?

I want a proper hotel, pref with a bar, and def with private bathroom.

Pleeeeeeease help me. Am so fed up of reading Trip Advisor reviews.

DinosaursLoveUnderpants Fri 26-Apr-13 21:56:40

Last time we were there we stayed at the Ramada Eastside on
Lexington and 30th. It was about $230 a night and whilst it wouldn't win any awards it was fine. No bar though it was private en-suite bathroom.

preggersbycheggers Sat 27-Apr-13 20:43:31

A friend of mine stayed in the Crowne plaza Times Square and said it was good.

I found the website booking.com very handy recently.

princesssmartypantss Mon 06-May-13 22:28:42

We stayed at the bentley and got a good deal about 3 yrs ago, rooms big for ny, also stayed a night at helmsley which was fantastic, but probably expensive if you book in advance? We had and terrible night in Pennsylvania i would strongly recommend you avoid at all costs!?

noramum Tue 07-May-13 15:24:34

DH is often in NY and likes this one:

www.shorehamhotel.com/

But be careful with prices, you need to take taxes into account. Always check what is included as it can bump up the final price by quite a lot.

lottysmum Fri 17-May-13 12:15:45

We stayed in two hotels in NYC and an apartment (guess we wanted to try it all)....The first hotel is still currently on offer I believe which is the Milford (look at Travelzoo)... not very pretty rooms have been refurbished but could have done a better job ...but minutes from Time Square....next hotel was really great The Yotel...a little bit further to walk but still minutes from Time Square.... not pretty location but you get a high rise room which is very modern and free muffins and coffee ...we loved it....otherwise look at an apartment Airbnb site ( we rented one for 3 nights in Little Italy) - very clean - great fac's and we enjoyed the location ...easy to walk to designer shops...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now