Super organised? Step this way! Travelling with 18mo DTs this weekend and hyperventilating at the packing...

(7 Posts)
BiddyPop Fri 26-Apr-13 09:15:52

Some small cheap new toys to surprise them on flt or hols.
Teetha (not just for teething but chamomile so helps soothe and settle if fractious for no apparent reason)
A packet of colouring pencils and easy coouring sheets (and keep back plain for just doodling)
storybook - handy for cuddlign into mum/dad if delays at airport
any teddy or similar that is a favourite - just to have something to cuddle even if not normally taken to bed etc

You're all wonderful, hadn't even thought about mozzies in May.
Swim nappies another top tip.

Anyone else? Good things for surviving the aiport and flight? They've not really got into sticker books yet.

givemeaclue Tue 23-Apr-13 12:41:07

Shade a babe or similar for buggy, hope they go sleep under it you can relax at pool

givemeaclue Tue 23-Apr-13 12:40:00

Sun hats plus spares for when they lose them.
Sun cream
Mosquitoes repellent
Sun suits
Arm bands
Water bottles
Water shoes
Have a great time

givemeaclue Tue 23-Apr-13 12:36:56

I have twins and been takin them abroad away since 8 Months, went to Greece aged two. Swim nappies, I find are not always available locally. Take calpol on plane ( check is under 100 ml or take sachets). Spare clothes on journey for you all not just kids in case spillage etc.

To be honest I take everything I may need, Inc nappies and wipes. I don't want to spend my holiday shopping for nappies. Other people buy on arrival, it depends on your preference.

HollyMadison Tue 23-Apr-13 07:56:29

Sunblock
Mosquito repellant patches
First aid kit including calpol and Imodium
Sleeping bags to sleep in if they use them
Hats
Not sure about nappies in Greece specifically.
Do they need anything that needs sterilizing? Pacifiers? Bottles?
Bibs
Small books and toys (you could buy cheap inflatable pool toys once there if you are having a pool/beach hol).
Small bottle of that travel laundry detergent if you need to wash a few things urgently.
Sling/s? If you have them in a double buggy you will prob need to fold it up when going through security so you need to control them at the same time.
Their drink bottles.

Ok, I need a grip, or failing that a very long list.

We're going to Greece on Saturday, first time taking DTs abroad, wibble.

We're staying in a hotel with some self catering facilities, hiring a car with toddler seats (hopefully!) the other end.

What do I need to take? How easy is it to buy decent nappies etc? I keep sitting up in the middle of the night and thinking things like "CALPOL!!" Anyone got a super amazing list I can use for inspiration?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now