High back booster- car hire companies???

(2 Posts)
Mrspedro Mon 22-Apr-13 10:02:58

Hi
We are going on our first fly-drive holiday in June
We will rent car seats for our youngest two but our six yr oldis in a high back booster here and I'm wondering what to do..I'm not happy entirely with a booster cushion as don't feel the belt positions well despite her being tall and wondered if there was such thing as a clip to position it better? Iv looked at the tru mi boostapac as they are £29 on amazon and the Hbb is €38for the week and surely we would use it again for travel.....any opi ions of experiences here ?

(Dh of course thinks boosters would be grand for the 4/5/6 yo's!!!) we are fly Ryanair btw

noramum Mon 22-Apr-13 14:04:06

I never trust a car hire company anymore with a car seat.

We have a boostapak for DD who is nearly 6 now. We used it last year, just after her 5th birthday, the first time.

I like it but only for short drives. She doesn't sit that comfortable and we had a couple of times when she nodded off and fell totally forward. Can't be healthy or comfortable. We used it max for 1 1/2hr drives and here in the UK as a second seat when driving a friend of hers.

It is too big to be used as a bag pack for her, I normally carry it as hand luggage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now