Madrid with children?

(5 Posts)
SoldeInvierno Thu 25-Apr-13 20:39:05

as a day trip, Segovia, Toledo and Aranjuez are very nice. And there's Warner Brothers amusement park nearby as well.

SoldeInvierno Thu 25-Apr-13 20:38:07

I was there with DS (9) in October and we found lots to do for 5 days: zoo, museums, royal palace, hiring bicycles and riding along the Manzanares... However, in the summer it will be madly hot (37C or more) and generally quite an empty city, especially in August. I think you will spend most days just by the pool to avoid the heat.

diamondsneezer Fri 19-Apr-13 17:29:14

Thanks OldBean. Yes, it is for 2 weeks. We'd have a pool but we'd still want to get out and about.

I'd forgotten the whole bag-watching thing. It's hard enough keeping an eye on the children without watching out for pickpockets.

I think I'll carry on looking...

OldBeanbagz Fri 19-Apr-13 16:12:24

Were you thinking of going for a full two weeks? It'll be very hot in the summer but having just returned from a hot (30c +) holiday with my two DC i'd say that kids are more than capable of coping.

There's a few good ideas for things to do with kids here and what we did on our recently holiday was spend the cooler mornings seeing the sites/museaums/galleries and the afternoons chilling by the pool. Maybe you could find a public pool or go to the Urban Beach?

There's also the walled town of Segovia that can be done as a daytrip.

I guess if you've got accomodation for a week there is less pressure for you to go out and do something every day.

A word of caution - watch your bags!

diamondsneezer Fri 19-Apr-13 13:24:15

We've had an offer to stay in Madrid as a holiday this summer. Is there much to do there to keep children (under 12) amused? I know it's a beautiful city, food, art, etc. but is it more of a weekend city break than a 2 week holiday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now