Stop for a leg stretch near Towcester?

(9 Posts)
AnythingNotEverything Thu 18-Apr-13 17:50:36

Hello MNers.

We're driving from Yorkshire to Berkshire tomorrow and think the bump will need a break from the car.

I've looked at a map, and Towcester looks about 2/3 of the way. Is it a good place to stop?

We're leaving the M1 at the A43 (I think!) and want somewhere with cafes and a few shops to mooch around. Don't expect to be out of the car more than an hour or so.

Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas?

TIA!

DiscoDonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 17:53:38

If you leave the m1 at junction 13 you could head to Newport Pagnell, it's quite nice. You could get back on the m1 after or follow the Newport Pagnell rd to Northampton and join the a43 there.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 18-Apr-13 17:54:21

Ah I know the services at Newport Pagnell. Will investigate. Thanks!

YoniLovesChachi Thu 18-Apr-13 17:54:28

I'll be watching with interest. I'm making a very similar journey soon and wondered if there was anything at or near Towcester that was worth stopping for smile

DiscoDonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 17:54:30

Towcester is a market down though so you should find plenty of little cares and shops to mooch in.

DiscoDonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 17:54:50

Town not down.

DiscoDonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 17:55:09

Cafes not cares ffs

DiscoDonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 17:55:44

It's the junction before the services smile

Mandy21 Thu 18-Apr-13 21:42:35

Towcester is a little town, not much to look at - couple of cafes and a Waitrose etc. There is a little garden centre just off the roundabout on the A43 called Bell PLantation, good for a little mooch around, cafe and a couple of little shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now