City break in East Asia/South East Asia.

(5 Posts)
EggsEggSplat Thu 18-Apr-13 23:05:32

Tokyo would have everything you're looking for - amazing food (from more Michelin starred restaurants than Paris to tiny cheap noodle stands), shopping, plenty of culture, safe and easy to get around...

Or if you want somewhere slightly cheaper, how about Taipei? Incredible variety of food, night markets, the Palace Museum which has all the imperial treasures spirited out of China during the civil war etc.

specialsubject Thu 18-Apr-13 10:55:07

Singapore. Clean, friendly, well-looked after, everyone speaks English, loads to see and do with several different cultures, interesting history, great food and drinkable tap water.

and twenty minutes from its airport with an efficient and easy transport system. Been there several times and always more to see.

KL is interesting but is huge, polluted and difficult to get around.

footyfan Thu 18-Apr-13 03:02:54

I agree that KL isn't the best choice. I'd personally go for Hong Kong or Bangkok - but think Singapore would be great for you too. Good food, lots of shopping - much less manic than a lot of Asian cities.

Have fun!

ripsishere Thu 18-Apr-13 02:59:11

I live in KL and TBH, it's a bit dull.
IIWY, I would go for Bangkok. You could then have a couple of days in either Vietnam or Cambodia or Laos.
Have a look at airasia's website. They have a lot of cheap flights in and out of BKK.

PuddingPop Wed 17-Apr-13 22:57:56

Two friends and I have never been to any part of Asia,but we've decided that we'd like to go for 5-7 days,but we can't decide which city to visit. We're not adventurous travellers,and like our comforts. We do however love to try new foods,and we also enjoy walking around and exploring,a bit of culture,and perhaps a little shopping.

KL has been suggested by one friend,but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now