We need a budget and baby friendly holiday abroad - Any recs?

(4 Posts)
Trubalubs Wed 17-Apr-13 22:24:29

Hi,

Can anyone advise where we can go quite cheaply and is baby friendly to get some sun end of June beg July?

All the child friendly travel ops I've come across have beautiful packages but are all pretty pricey.

Ideally we'd like a possible creche or drop in centre in the day for a little break from our son, and the possibility of a baby sitting service in the eve. I could poss bypass this though as he's very clingy, and might not go to anyone else!

Any other children friendly activities would be welcome.

I worry about him being a round a pool so can live without that, but a beach would be nice.

Happy to go self catering or all-in, am pretty open to all options.

Many thanks

Toasttoppers Wed 17-Apr-13 22:27:58

Majorca was the first place I took DS when he was one, we rented an apartment but it was donkeys years ago and cant remember the name. We ad a lovely time though. As a destination it s great for tiddlers. They did have open high chairs so we used to belt DS in with DH belt.

givemeaclue Thu 18-Apr-13 14:06:51

Hi op, it is the childcare that will push up the price for you. Have you tried the main tour operators eg Thomson, first choice, they do childcare for babies and may be cheaper than some of the family friendly hotels that you might find on line

noramum Thu 18-Apr-13 14:43:27

I agree with Majorca. Very good for self-catering and the north-east has good beaches, clean and shallow.

You don't say how old your son is but often creches etc are from 2/3 years onwards so any baby-related ones are often expensive. This may be the reason why you get such a price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now