Brittany in July - how hot will it be?

(13 Posts)
frenchfancy Fri 19-Apr-13 06:30:22

The south Vendee is prettier and has better weather than the north. The road links have improved in recent years. Count on 3hours from St Malo or 6.5 hours from Calais.

dreamingofsun Thu 18-Apr-13 09:09:31

south brittany has better weather stats than north. yes it can rain there too, but it also does in vendee. people say that s vendee is nice, but its a long drive. we tried north vendee a few years back and its not nearly as nice as brittany in terms of countryside/beaches/towns. we thought it a bit soulless compared to brittany.

imtheonlyone Wed 17-Apr-13 22:13:16

Good plan! The vendee is lurvely!!! wink

iismum Wed 17-Apr-13 22:06:25

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going off the idea of Brittany, but the Vendee sounds promising!

landofsoapandglory Wed 17-Apr-13 20:27:34

I remember going to Brittany in June with the school. One day we were in bikinis the next we were in rain coats. It was like that the whole time.

sittinginthesun Wed 17-Apr-13 20:25:47

We usually go to Brittany at the end of May. When the sun comes out, it is warmer thank the uk. When it is cloudy, it is about the same as the uk. It gets the same weather fronts as Cornwall.

You really need to get further south - I think the Loire is still too north. Vendee should be okay.

XBenedict Wed 17-Apr-13 20:21:00

We went to the Loire last August and it was scorching but they did have a mini heatwave and it's not normally that warm.

XBenedict Wed 17-Apr-13 20:20:06

Not very, if the sun is shining it will be very pleasant, warm enough for the beach but as others have said it could piss down.

We went last July. It was marginally warmer than home (Glasgow), and our waterproofs were well used!

imtheonlyone Wed 17-Apr-13 20:17:22

Ime Brittany can be as unreliable as English weather! You really don't know what you're gonna get. As a family we always holidayed in the vendee (just south of Loire and Nantes) as it has its own little micro climate!! Well, kind of! Lets just say the weather there is a damn sight better than Brittany without havin to travel all the way to south of France!

iismum Wed 17-Apr-13 20:14:35

Hmm, thanks. I really don't want to spend a week in the rain! Any suggestions of other places. Maybe the Loire?

ChoudeBruxelles Wed 17-Apr-13 20:06:41

North Brittany maybe a bit warmer than Cornwall - could still piss it down though

iismum Wed 17-Apr-13 20:04:54

DH does not like hot weather, but I really want to go somewhere where it will be pleasant to swim outdoors and we can at least wear t-shirts/shorts, etc., without it being too chilly. I'm thinking Brittany might be a good compromise. Does anyone know what kind of weather we can expect in July? Is it likely to be reliable? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now