Any suggestions for light travel sized toys, games etc

(10 Posts)
Fluffy1234 Fri 19-Apr-13 12:38:08

When my DC younger I used to buy new drawing stuff from the pound shop and give it to the DC every four or five days during the holiday. It became a bit of a holiday tradition and kept them occupied. Once they got older puzzle books and top trump cards worked well.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Wed 17-Apr-13 14:22:00

Here's the link www.woolgarstoys.co.uk/shop/pages/PartyBags/partybags.html

I got loads of stuff for a fiver- enough to keep two kids happy on a 12 hour journey. NB it's not built to last but for 35p for a magic slate you can't go wrong!

noramum Wed 17-Apr-13 12:55:03

Sorry but playdough sounds like a really bad idea. DD would have the stuff everywhere.

Sticker books, magazines, books, ipad with some videos on it, reading to them for hours, food and drink.

For the holiday we normally take one new boardgame. We also buy a DVD with a TV series so she can watch episodes instead of a full length movie

DD likes doing foam mosaic pictures, we had some Playmobil figures (just the figures, no small bits) with us last year and she played in her room with them. Small enough to go in a handbag.

iloveholidays Wed 17-Apr-13 12:40:59

Thanks all. Wouldn't have thought of play dough for the plane... Wouldn't it get messy?

Will start writing a list! smile

almostanotherday Wed 17-Apr-13 10:10:02

I like the travel aqua draw and the small travel crayons and colouring book sets.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Wed 17-Apr-13 09:28:24

Try the Woolgar's Toys website. I just ordered a ton of stuff from them for a 12 hour journey and it was cheap and portable. I had mini colouring books, mini felt pen sets, a mini Connect 4 game, even mini plasticine. they are great!

Gales Wed 17-Apr-13 09:20:25

Your children are maybe a little young yet, but the best thing I ever did, toy wise was put a few cheap plastic soldiers in their stockings.

Ds1 is 12 now and they are still by far his most played with toys. They've been everywhere with us and can be used indoors and out.

TiredFeet Wed 17-Apr-13 09:15:06

I bought DS (then nearly 2) a little toy aeroplane and gave it to him at the airport, he played with it for ages, acting out the plane taking off and landing etc, it was a big hit.

givemeaclue Wed 17-Apr-13 08:59:58

Hi, mini pots playdough and a few small cutters are good for plane and in accommodations. They normally have they for £1 at the pound shop!

iloveholidays Wed 17-Apr-13 08:56:52

Looking for ideas of small lightweight games, toys etc to take away on holiday with us. Some for flight, some just for on holiday.

DDs are 4, 2 and 6 months.

So far we have colouring stuff, magazines, stickers, card games for older 2 and rattles etc for baby. Will probably take some toy kitchen stuff as this gets used the most at home.

I've seen little aquabeads sets which was thinking of. We'll be by the pool most of the time but want some toys for inside. I just wondered if people had seen little pocket sized toys which would be a novelty.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now