Holidays with 3 kids??

(5 Posts)
cleanandclothed Tue 16-Apr-13 18:57:08

Somewhere mountainy like Austria or Switzerland with cable cars and hotels with pools?

Portofino Tue 16-Apr-13 18:51:39

St Avit Loisirs in the Dordogne . Weather should be warm enough for swimming but not so hot like the med, kids clubs, pools, loads to do in the near vicinity. Caves, markets, old towns, canoeing on the river.

kelda Tue 16-Apr-13 16:06:01

Eurocamp in Brittany. It's unlikley to be too hot.

Theas18 Tue 16-Apr-13 16:04:38

Eurocamp type place in france with a fan for your DH?

iamaduck Tue 16-Apr-13 16:00:11

I have 3 kids, dd1 age 14, ds age 12 and dd2 age 8.

My husband hates hot places, lounging around and shopping. Dd1's ideal holiday is spent by the pool, lounging around, swimming, shopping, going to a spa or water sports in a really hot place. She complains of being bored because her friends aren't there. Ds hates shopping but doesn't mind what weather it is, but if the place doesn't have a table tennis table, he's screwed for the whole holiday. Dd2 loves swimming and hot places, but not lounging around and she will tolerate shopping.

I really don't mind where we go or what we do, I'll try anything. Usually we go to places like Wales or the Lake District and spend our days walking or going to interesting historical places like castle ruins or historical houses. However this is dd1's nightmare holiday, ds complains of being bored and dd2 will put up with it but doesn't like it at all. However my husband and I enjoy these holidays except the moaning!

Sometimes we go to France but we haven't done that for about 3 years and its 'too hot' for my husband.

So, anyone got any wisdom to share, much appreciated grin !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now