Hurghada

(9 Posts)
Coconutty Mon 15-Apr-13 14:45:24

Has anyone been to Hurgharda and Sharm? We went to Sharm. loved the sea and the resort but not Naama bay area.

Am thinking about Hurghada but don't know anyone who's been there. Have you been and can you recommend a nice hotel with teenagers and also is it like Sharm?

TIA

MOSagain Tue 16-Apr-13 16:00:24

I can't speak for all of Hurghada but I went in February and hell would freeze over before I went again.
The hotel we stayed in was 99% german/russian guests as were a number of other hotels in the area. Its not that I'm saying I don't like these nationalities, it was just frustrating when all the menus and all the posters advertising the activities were in German and hardly any staff spoke english.

I'm sure there must be a lot of very nice hotels, just be careful which one you book.

Coconutty Tue 16-Apr-13 19:10:59

Thanks, I've been speaking to MIL who went last year and she said the same. I may have a look at Sharm again but further away from Naama.

Mamuss Tue 16-Apr-13 19:21:47

Went to sharm - Nabq Bay and it was the most amazing holiday we've had

Coconutty Tue 16-Apr-13 19:26:26

What hotel did you go to Mamuss? Was the food nice <greedy>

Imsosorryalan Tue 16-Apr-13 19:27:15

God, it was awful for us! We like to do our holidays ' independently' so booked a nice looking villa with pool on the internet. Turned out it was in the middle of an unlit building site!!
Also all the hotels along the sea front ' owned' the beach in front of them so we had to pay the hotels just to use the beach!! Most of the staff there were rude too and we were ripped off countless times by the taxis.

I'd never go back.

Iamaslummymummy Tue 16-Apr-13 19:32:52

We loved the jungle aqua Park hotel in hurghada.

Mamuss Tue 16-Apr-13 23:51:40

It was Coral Sea Splash resort. Rooms pools and food were all amazing :-)

Coconutty Mon 22-Apr-13 20:20:18

Thanks Mamuss, I must say that at the moment Sharm is looking favourite but kids fancy going to Tatooine which is in Tunisia! Am really struggling to find a decent hotel there though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now