Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, TODAY at 1pm x

Can I take a child's car seat on easy jet flight for free?

(4 Posts)
Poppinsesque Mon 15-Apr-13 14:38:45

Just that really!

We are flying soon and I couldn't see a car seat in their "extras" list. We will have one 3 yr old, one buggy and one car seat. Am I going to get stung for the car seat?

Thanks for the help!

Yonihadtoask Mon 15-Apr-13 14:47:02

Sorry - I don't know.

Is there a help section on the website? Failing that have a look on Trip Advisor, - there is an Air Travel section of the forum.

I will have a look myself too.

Yonihadtoask Mon 15-Apr-13 14:49:36

found this on easyjet's customer service section- does it clear it up?

If you are travelling with an infant or young child you can take up to 2 of the following items
free of charge:

- Travel Cot
- Pushchair
- Double pushchairs
- Buggy
- Car seat
- Collapsible or non-collapsible pram
- Baby back carrier.

The items must be tagged at the check-in or bag drop desk and they can be carried to the aircraft door or steps where one of our crew will store them safely for you. They can be collected from the baggage carousel on arrival. If you have checked in online and you are carrying hand baggage only, the items can be tagged at the boarding gate (except the travel cot).

Alternatively the two items can be checked-in as hold baggage at no additional charge. Please note that each of the above items cannot weigh more than 32kgs.

Booster seats can be taken as or within hand baggage provided they fit within the standard hand baggage measurements (measuring a maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm). They will not be accepted free of charge if taken apart from hand baggage. Please note they cannot be used as a car seat, but you can use them onboard when the seatbelt sign is off. Booster seats can also be taken as hold baggage subject to our standard hold baggage rules and charges.

needacoffee Mon 15-Apr-13 14:52:27

Yes you can take the buggy and car seat on for free. We fly quite a lot with our three year old with Easyjet and there has never been any problem or charge for them. I've just found this on their website to re-assure you!

Equipment for infants and children

If you are travelling with an infant or young child you can take up to 2 of the following items free of charge:

- Travel Cot
- Pushchair
- Double pushchairs
- Buggy
- Car seat
- Collapsible or non-collapsible pram
- Baby back carrier.

The items must be tagged at the check-in or bag drop desk and they can be carried to the aircraft door or steps where one of our crew will store them safely for you. They can be collected from the baggage carousel on arrival. If you have checked in online and you are carrying hand baggage only, the items can be tagged at the boarding gate (except the travel cot).

Alternatively the two items can be checked-in as hold baggage at no additional charge. Please note that each of the above items cannot weigh more than 32kgs.

Booster seats can be taken as or within hand baggage provided they fit within the standard hand baggage measurements (measuring a maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm). They will not be accepted free of charge if taken apart from hand baggage. Please note they cannot be used as a car seat, but you can use them onboard when the seatbelt sign is off. Booster seats can also be taken as hold baggage subject to our standard hold baggage rules and charges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now