ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Travel insurance for family with 2 18 year olds

(4 Posts)
lovedlots Mon 15-Apr-13 23:29:34

Thanks for the advice. Ill have a look into all the pointers made.

specialsubject Mon 15-Apr-13 19:47:07

as one 18 year old is travelling separately, he certainly needs his own insurance. Look at backpacker policies as there are discounts for under 35s - should still provide the massive medical cover needed for the States.

online insurers such as DirectTravel, STA, etc may be good.

Yonihadtoask Mon 15-Apr-13 14:53:26

Our family travel insurance covers the DC until the age of 21 (it may be older?) if they are in full time education, and still residing mainly in the family home.

However, the DC are not covered to travel without one of us adults.

So, the 18 y/o may not be counted as adults - check the age limits.

BUT the DC travelling alone, possibly won't be covered to travel independently on the insurance.

I like insureandgo for good value. Helpful too when you phone with ridiculous questions - as I do.

Hope you get it sorted easily.

lovedlots Mon 15-Apr-13 12:57:42

Hi
I have been trying to search for travel insurance for my families holiday in Florida this year. I am looking for a multi-trip worldwide insurance for 4 people which is myself, 2 18 year olds and a child. Im not sure how to go about it as the family insurance does not allow for more than 2 adults. Also one of my 18 year olds is going on his own 1 week holiday with friends before our trip to Florida.
What is the cheapest way of going about this. Shall my 18 year old get his own seperate insurance and i then get a family insurance with 2 adults and a child?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now