Barcelona for a week then where?

(15 Posts)
katiew123 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:48:36

Try an activity company near Tossa de Mar, an hour from Barcelona. Acorn Family Holidays organise this and you will get accommodation and all your activities/watersports and waterpark visit/food included. For six nights it's around £500 quid,

alseb Mon 10-Feb-14 22:09:00

Sa Tuna is not far from Aiguablava. Stunning. This stretch of the Costa Brava is just wonderful.

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 28-Jan-14 20:00:03

Aiguablava is fantastic. We stayed in Pals which is beautiful.

sofi0308 Mon 27-Jan-14 10:57:16

ooh yes love the aiguablava. if you have just the one child then aiguablava is fab, we were there with babies but met a lot of families who went back each year because their kids loved the other kids. i remember a family arriving really late and the waiter just appeared like a magic with a pile of roast chicken and chips for these two little boys, dont get that everywhere.

ssd Sun 26-Jan-14 12:46:10

bump

hf128219 Sun 14-Apr-13 21:22:28

Hotel Garbi or Alga in Palafruggel are family friendly. Or the Aiguablava in Aiguablava.

loopsngeorge Sun 14-Apr-13 19:18:19

I second Costa Brava - Calella de Palafrugella and Llafranc are lovely and very Catalan.

clattypatty Sun 14-Apr-13 18:18:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nellyscorker Sun 14-Apr-13 18:01:45

Thanks for the tips, only just had a chance to check back. Off to google.

hf128219 Sun 14-Apr-13 16:03:53

I would head to the Costa Brava - around Palafruggel. Stunning coastline.

Fluffy1234 Sat 13-Apr-13 11:23:01

I did Barcelona and a cruise around the Med that was an amazing holiday.

LeChatRouge Sat 13-Apr-13 09:27:18

Have a look at Tossa de Mar, 1 hour north of Barca. I have been to both many times. I would do 3 days Barca (try and stay near Placa Reale), drive up to Tossa, stay a week, then back to Barca.
Loads to do and see in the city, but it will be hot, so tiring. Metro is clean, easy and safe.

givemeaclue Sat 13-Apr-13 09:20:25

Sitges is fine but it is the local beach to Barcelona, we went there to the beach from Barcelona for the day quite a bit, it prob isn't far enough away to feel like a two centre holiday. Its a lively resort popular with gay men, very friendly and nice beach. Its not really very Spanish but nice enough.

SoldeInvierno Fri 12-Apr-13 21:13:18

I think it really depends on what you want to do in Barcelona. Are you planning to go down to the beach some days? if not, 5 days should be absolutely plenty, even too much, I think. Be aware that end of July is the hottest time of the year, so you will need to have some accommodation where you can go back in the afternoon for 2 to 3 hours to keep out of the sun.

I have never been to Sitges, but I believe any resort along that coast would be not very Spanish at all. It is all done for the tourist industry. Have you thought about somewhere up norht, like Santander, Gijon...?

nellyscorker Fri 12-Apr-13 20:43:50

We are booked for Spain for two weeks with our 8 year old DD at the end of July. We are thinking of a two resort holiday. Will a week in Barcelona be too long or is 5 days better? Then thinking of the getting the train south to Sitges. Will this be a chilled out week and still quite Spanish? Flights are booked so hoping to plan the ideal two weeks for us just do not want to wish we had stayed longer or shorter in either location.
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now