Relocating to UAE

(4 Posts)
LineMac Fri 12-Apr-13 09:42:32

I am thinking of relocating to UAE and wondered if any one knows what the maternity salary is like, whether it is easy to find nurseries and any other tips I should be aware of?

sherbetpips Fri 12-Apr-13 13:24:56

When you say maternity salary are you relocating with a company of planning on living out there then getting a job? there is no standard maternity leave for non citizens as far as I am aware but the policy will be based on the company - so a UK based company is likely to offer a more standard UK package. Nurseries are not to the standard of the UK they dont have the same H&S regs as we do and it can be dodgy. Most people living in the UAE have live in maids/nannies. The houses are built with a maid's room and they generally cook clean and look after children in exchange for a roof over there heads. My sister however pays her maid (although she gets a lot off stick for it from the other wives/mums). I guess if you are thinking of relocating out there, not with a company relocation and without a high wage earning job I would not plan of bringing up baby there.

WallyBantersYoniBox Sun 14-Apr-13 20:47:43

Hi, it might be a good idea to repost in the Living Overseas section?

RashedMohamed Thu 27-Jun-13 08:21:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now