ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Ideas to keep a "busy" 2 year old occupied on a 4 hour flight

(4 Posts)
iloveholidays Tue 09-Apr-13 21:11:21

Off to Greece in May with 3 DDs, 4, 2 and 6 months. 4 year old loves colouring, reading and will happily play on the iPad so not worried about keeping her occupied. Hoping 6 month old will sleep for some and happily play for rest.

2 year old is always on the go, not interested in TV, is only just getting into books (at last) and colouring doesn't hold her attention for long.

Any ideas how to keep her occupied apart from food? smile

Also any recommendations for any travel games for 4 and 2 year olds?

TIA

iloveholidays Thu 11-Apr-13 10:51:13

Bump...anyone?

SophiaTheFirst Thu 11-Apr-13 10:57:02

We fly quite a bit and we find sticker books good and also aqua draw are great because the dry air in the plane means the pictures fade quickly and they can draw again over and over. This is the one we use for travel www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3491843.htm

Also, don't underestimate how much food you should take for the plane, you should take LOTS. Nothing too salty or sugary but lots of little snacks that will occupy them. Boxes of raisins are great because it takes them a while to get them out, crackers, cereal bars etc.

sashh Mon 15-Apr-13 04:44:14

Not sure if the 2 year old is too young but here goes.

My mum used to give my brother and I a large envelope with a list of things on it.

If we saw one of the things on the list we could pick a package out of the envelope.

For a 2 year old I suppose it could be pictures.

We traveled by car and ferry so some were things we should only see at certain places so for your dc

you could include things like seeing a airplane, seeing a flight attendant, the seat belt signs, etc etc.

Put all the things Sophia has said, raisins and such. You can also put in a tiny note book and pencils etc.

Is she taking a teady/doll? Build a Bear used to sell bear passports.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now