Centers parcs in netherlands / belgium. Anyone recommend please?

(10 Posts)
PollyEthelEileen Thu 04-Apr-13 20:31:55

Oh, it has a couple of lakes. One used for sailing and the other for water skiing. The water skiing was by overhead cable tow rather than a speedboat, which meant it was great for learning on as there was no wake.

PollyEthelEileen Thu 04-Apr-13 20:29:04

Kempervennen is very flat - so bikes all round. It is fairly spacious, so if you want to be near the action, you need to select your villa yourself. Our villa was next to the sports centre which was great as the kids could take themselves there and we would wander up to check on them. The dome is pretty standard CP. The unique thing about Kempervennen is the indoor ski slope. It is a franchise, but you could book everything the usual way. We had a lovely day there with food and drink in addition to skiing.

It is easy to get to - just over the border from Antwerp, so motorway all the way there.

The villas are the traditional layout. We had four bedrooms and had plenty of space.

tallulah Thu 04-Apr-13 18:54:58

We've been to several of them, but I can't remember what was where, which isn't very helpful. They all tend to be in beautiful settings and they've all got great pools.

The last time we stayed at Het Heijerbos, which is near the border with Germany. DS (late teens) had a gang of youths having a go at him because they thought he was German (WTF?). They apologised when he said he was English. I had a whole bunch of younger adults - not teens- deliberately splashing me and talking about me in the jacuzzi area of one of the pools. Two of them were sat the other side of a low wall and just pushed a load of water over me - definitely deliberate. After DS's experience I think it was that they thought I was German. I also got asked directions while we were walking through Cologne - bizarre.

I don't know whether this is typical because we've been to Holland loads of times before and always found the people really nice, but for that reason I wouldn't recommend that park.

Ladyemem Thu 04-Apr-13 08:52:15

ok thanks Portofino, my kids are older. 17, 13, 10 and 8. Will check out your suggestions. thankyou

Portofino Thu 04-Apr-13 08:42:50

Have been to Eperheide in Belgium. Very good for little children.

Portofino Thu 04-Apr-13 08:42:05

Also look at www.landal.com De Lommerbergen or Het Vennebos - cheaper than CP.

Ladyemem Thu 04-Apr-13 08:38:45

Hi pollyetheleileen, so whats kempervennen like. flat, hilly, lakes and is it easy to drive to. What accommodation would you recommend there

PollyEthelEileen Thu 04-Apr-13 08:21:17

We've also been to the one just east of Paris - Lac d'Ailette - it was goof but not as good as Kempervennen.

I did not like the one near Rouen - Bois something - it was very run down.

PollyEthelEileen Thu 04-Apr-13 08:19:10

I have been to Kempervennen and would definitely recommend it.

Ladyemem Thu 04-Apr-13 08:10:23

have only been to center parcs longleat but looking for similar in Netherlands / belgium / france. (max 4 hours drive from calais)

Would like one in a beautiful setting with a great pool like the one at longleat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now