Don't like flying?

(6 Posts)
givemeaclue Sat 06-Apr-13 08:12:53

I know someone who .went on a fear of flying course and found it really helpful,shes was able to fly to USA

mummymeister Fri 05-Apr-13 23:17:14

I had an "incident" when flying and didnt fly for 16 years. i did it again in 2011 with diazepam - quite a lot of it for the first flight but the last flight I took a few months ago i managed on only a couple of tablets each way. herbal remedies just dont cut it and if you are nervous you cannot risk this happening when at the airport just about to board especially with DC's watching and being scared as well. go for a herbal remedy but have some diazepam there too just in case they dont work. gp's are very sympathetic to this.

sailorsgal Thu 04-Apr-13 20:55:46

Download Paul Mckenna's fear of flying, it is very helpful. Avoid caffeine and have the diazepam if all else fails. grin

diabolo Thu 04-Apr-13 14:33:10

Does it have to be herbal because Diazepam (Valium) does work wonders?

I get a prescription from my GP just before I fly, with just enough tablets to help me deal with the flight. They are amazing and take away all fear and with none of the side effects of alcohol.

The prescription for just what I need means there is no chance of an addiction forming.

Breathing exercises are benefical, let the flight staff know that he is an anxious flyer, and the can help, can ensure he is first or last on the plane for example depending on what his anxieties are based on.

Also recommend Bach's rescue remedies!

Have a good trip.

mrsmerryberry Tue 02-Apr-13 23:40:43

Dh hates flying, any tips on how to calm pre flight nerves? Would love to know if there are any herbal remedies out there that work. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now